Endless TCG Battle?

Slickdc

Aspiring Trainer
Is it possible for a Pokemon TCG game to last forever without either player tying? If so, name the cards that would have to be in both decks for it to happen.

well the game only goes for 40 minutes.... so if both players were tied and it had gone to 40 minutes, it would go to whoever got the first prize, or it would just go to sudden death were both players would use one prize and just play to see who wins.

Mewtwo LV X in both decks is an example. But yeah, as already mentioned, they don't have a time limit for nothing.

What if there was no time limit? What if your sole purpose in life was to play the game to see if it was possible for it to last forever. I mean, what if there were absolutly no rules and neither player is allowed to end there turn unless either of them had something to do? Could I have a card strategy so I could try to replicate it?

If you're talking about unlimited, the trash exchange+cleffa+night maitnence+Nightly garbage run+item finder=nope. Right now, turbo mewtwo decks would fall under this catagory, but otherwise, it's possible but that would require both decks to run out of energy and have claydol.

I think that might work, but I was thinking Unown Z being the only card left in your deck and then using its Zero Pokepower every turn so you would never run out of cards in your deck. Then have two Pokemon out that can't attack for some reason (not enough energy). Any other ideas?

Intentionally it's rather easy. Unintentailly is effectively impossible as one will definitely have a gamebreaker somewhere, or they're run out of cards because nobody really can afford to put in Unown Zs. So yeah, it's not going to be that likely if anyone's being serious.

It is possible to get a game in a stalemate, most likely due to Claydol. Imagine if both players have 7 cards in hand and each have a Pokemon out, but neither have enough energy. Neither wants to do anything due to decking, so they just keep putting back cards with Claydol. That can happen, just as in a Mewtwo vs Mewtwo matchup.

Should this occur, the judges can decide to hold a Sudden Death if it doesn't seem like the stalemate is gonna break anytime soon.

Back