• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Empoleon/Terrakion BW-On (for my wife)

cannonballkuriboh

Aspiring Trainer
Currently testing the following build on PlayTCG. Actually took a HGSS-On ZekEels deck to the final prize, which was taken by my opponent's Mewtwo with an Xball for 200.

Pokemon-13
4-2-4 Empoleon (DE 29)
3 Terrakion (NV 99)

T/S/S-36
4 N
4 Juniper
2 Cheren
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Super Rod
3 Random Reciever
3 Level Ball
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Switch
3 Exp Share
3 Pluspower

Energy-11
6 {W}
5{F}

I like the deck, but it seems really fragile. Against anything with high HP, it sucks, and Eviolite is a serious problem. Any advice?

For now things look good but I have a few suggestions. You really need a starter. Try Virizion (NV) and when Dragons Exalted comes out try out Emolga.

Be careful with Junipers. With diving draw you eat through your deck quickly and with a high amount of Juniper in the mix things can go south quickly.

Other things you should ad come next set are Blend Energy (Water Metal Lightning Fighting), Rescue Scarf and defiantly Mew EX, (Can use Attack Command and destroy Mewtwo)

I run an Empoleon deck as well and trust me when I say that it'll get much better come rotation and Dragons Exalted.

How is this working, i really want a new deck to mess about with (sick of using my Eels EVERY day).

still plan on keeping Eels for important games and such, but something for every day use.
What are match ups like vs Zekrom/Eels and Darkrai/Noob (its just not finished, i refer to it as Darkrai/Noob but its going to be Darkrai/Hydreigon)

those are the main 2 decks i face on a daily basis with QuadTerrakion and EelBox every other day.

got me a few Terrakions last night so plan to use them with something. not 100% sure what tho.

The deck works reasonably well. I haven't had the opportunity to test against BW-On, since everyone and their mother seems to be playing HGSS-on on PlayTCG. It works well IF you get setup, which doesn't always happen fast enough. Also, be careful of decking youself. Damn near did today againt Zeels. See original post for details on that game

I'm worried about using Blend Energy, considering the rise in use of Enhanced Hammer. Mew-EX is a card a lot of people rave about, but I'm a bit of a scrub when it comes to how I see the card: 2 EASY prizes. I see that it can nuke a Mewtwo, but it doesn't seem good for much of anything else.

I'll look into rescue scarf, although I wouldn't know where to fit it (given my tool slot is Exp Share right now).

Im not a huge fan of Plus Power, i have run 1-2-3-4 in decks and i seem to find taking them out and running something else helps me more.
That very well could just be me tho.
With 4-2-4 i would only use 3 Candys, this comes from past experiences using 4-2-4 lines. although i havent played with this deck yet so im not 100% on that. will test 2-3-4 Candys.

Im not a Random Receiver fan, personally just trying to understand its use without Junk Arm is beyond me, why not just put another supporter in?
the one thing i do see is when holding Bianca and wanting a Juniper you can use it. But if im holding a supporter i dont want at a time i dont want it, its normally cause i have played previous cards wrong or just happen to get extremely bad luck.
But i dont see this rare bad luck (that isnt even that bad, i mean you still got a decent supporter) as a reason to put 3 cards into a deck. Again tho, thats just me.

so for me im going to try

-3 Random Receiver
-3 Plus Power

+2 Unknown Pokemon
+4 Unknown Other Things

(havent thought about what to put in, just what to take out)
i also dont test online, something about using the cards face to face vs someone seems to make me see things and understand them, where online i just click stuff and dont care)

Psy said:
Im not a huge fan of Plus Power

I agree. without Junk Arm, at times it just becomes a dead draw seeing as majority of the time, you're just wanting to deck thin. Considering Recycle though...

Psy said:
With 4-2-4 i would only use 3 Candys

I prefer personally, a 4-1-4 line, with 4 Rare Candy. It just adds to the consistency of getting Empoleon out, to which you can then begin drawing more cards and proceed to attacking however, that is just my opinion. Terrakion should really only be used as a secondary attacker, seeing as you're wanting to Exp. Share before putting it into the active.

Psy said:
why not just put another supporter in?

Random Receiver could be the difference in hitting the resources that you need. Say you had a N in hand allowing you to draw into two cards, or a Random Receiver that topped you a Juniper. Rather situational, but it's one that I've found myself in a lot. However, if you could play more than four copies of a single card, then I'd definitively agree, but unfortunately our pool of drawing Supporter cards isn't too great as we stand.

cannonballkuriboh said:
I was thinking of taking the Pluspower out, but wouldn't know what to put in in their place....

Initially I thought of Ultra Ball, and changing Cheren into Bianca however, you are running Communication and not too sure how Ultra Ball will work with Diving Draw... Don't want to be discarding too many of your resources.

What about adding another Super Rod and perhaps playing a couple of Max Potion? If not, Enhanced Hammer might also be a really good idea with Special Energy featuring a fair bit.

Hope this helps!

I run this deck as well, and took it to Battle Roads. I went 4-2, lost to Trainer Lock Vileplume and I got donked with the second against Tornadus.

Here is the deck list I use and those two matches are the only ones I have lost with it.

Kyurem x2
Zekrom x2
Tornadus x2
Terrakion x3
Empoleon 4-1-4
Pokemon Communication x2
Level Ball x2
Enhanced Hammer x2
"N" x3
Pokemon Catcher x3
Switch x2
Eviolite x2
Rare Candy x4
Juniper x3
DCE x2
Prism x4
{F} x7
{W} x6

Please note that this deck is Post Battle Roads, but I haven't lost with it since then.

I have the Kyurems as a meat shield for Outrage, and Glaciate hits my opponents bench a few good times as well. I teched in the Zekroms for Tornadus and Tornadus Ex since they can come out fast and hit hard. Empoleon isn't fast enough for that and Terrakion can't really touch them, especially if they have Eviolite.

You can try this and any suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.

Empoleon likes Max Potion.
I personally have never had a need for Exp. Share in this deck. Rather, I like Energy Switch in here. You can prep a benched attacker while using your cheap Empoleon active, and then if it turns out you need an attacker besides the one you prepped, or you suddenly need to Land Crush or something, Energy Switch helps a ton. This also works with Emolga DRE, which this deck loves, to get the dead energy off of it and onto a Terrakion.

Anything with Terrakion requires either Pluspower or Tool Scrapper. You have to OHKO Eviolited Darkrai next format, or they Max Potion it all away and punish you for trying.

The problem with Empoleon/Terrakion is that there are too many trainers it really wants to play, and not enough space to fit them all and still be consistent.

Back