• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Empoleon/Magnezone/Clefable

Puff-Sun

Gogoats
List:
Pokemon:
4 Piplup DE 27
2 Prinplup DE 28
4 Empoleon DE 29
2 Emolga DR 45
2 Clefairy PS 97
2 Clefable PS 98
3 Magnemite PS 42
1 Magneton PS 44
2 Magnezone PS 46
22 cards

T/S/S:
3 Switch BW 104
3 N NV 101
2 Level Ball ND 89
3 Professor Juniper DE 98
3 Rare Candy DE 100
2 Ultra Ball DE 102
4 Pokemon Catcher DE 111
2 Super Rod DRV 20
1 Skyla BC 149
4 Colress PS 135
1 Dowsing Machine PS 128
28 cards

Energy:
10 Water Energy BW 107
10 cards

I really didn't feel like typing that out again.

Strategy:
It's the Empoleon we all know and love, but with all the cards from PS that mesh with it. Clefable is basically BTS, but with a flip, which I haven't found to be too much of an issue. Diving Draw and Dual Brains give you the most efficient draw engine in the format, and means you will have no trouble streaming Empoleons.
Empoleon is the main attacker, everything else benchsits.

So, I really like this deck. It's EXTREMELY consistent. The only issue I'm having is a lack of things to finish the game. Clefable lets Stage 1 Techs shine, so I was thinking either Lucario or Terrakion, since my Darkrai matchup is probably my worst. I'd also like to include more Skyla and another Prinplup for consistency, but IDK what to take out. Thoughts?

I would prefer another Rare Candy instead of the extra Prinplup. It will help get Magnezone and Empoleon faster. I really thought that Clefable would benefit Empoleon. I am not sure about Magnezone but if it is working, I will go with it. You might change Ultra Ball for Pokemon Communication. You have 22 Pokemon already so it won't be a big problem trying to get them to work. You will be discarding a lot with Diving Draw and Empoleon doesn't benefit from cards discarded. I am not sure but you might take Juniper/Colress for more space in the deck. 2 of one of them (depending of your preference) will get you extra space for Skyla and Rare Candy. Also changing to Computer Search might be better. In a deck with 2 Stages 2, you want to be pretty fast and CPU Search will help you set up even faster.

with two stage twos, you really need to max out Rare Candy. I would drop a prinplup... maybe even two. Add a couple of skylas to grab those candies. With skyla and candy, I dont see a need for stage 1s. so I would drop that magneton also. Skyla can make this deck A LOT faster. And I'm not sure about Clefairy... I would rather see a roserade line, But thats just my opinion.

I'm currently playing an empoleon deck (4-0-4) with four skyla and four RCs. Empoleon comes out quickly EVERY time.

piplupstastelikechicken said:
with two stage twos, you really need to max out Rare Candy. I would drop a prinplup... maybe even two.
Umm...
98-clefable.jpg

Teal said:
piplupstastelikechicken said:
with two stage twos, you really need to max out Rare Candy. I would drop a prinplup... maybe even two.
Umm...
98-clefable.jpg

what? you don't need it! I run my Empoleon deck with 1 Prinplup and it never gave me any problems. I never use Prinplup. Its a dead card late game and I RC almost every Empoleon. Okay, maybe run two... but thats if you don't max out skyla.

and I know clefable's ability. But it's a stage one... I'ts just too slow for me for what it is. and if you skip the RC it will bring out empoleon a turn later! AND its flippy. I just dont like it in this deck.

Back