Empoleon-Gardelade

shatteranatora

BlazeChomp FTW
I was just wondering GG was a nightmare to Empostar after all. Empostar is definitely more consistent, but can GG speed outrun it?

It all depends.

If Empostar is being used by a skilled player and devolves the opponent's rare-candied Gardy Lv.X and other Gardys/Gallades it can be pretty devastating.

Waitwaitwaitwait. Empostar outspeeding GG?

How? GG has like 100 ways to setup and emp just gets the penguin out and maybe a dol. A good plox player makes emp starve and eventually lose. They are about the same speed, but i think plox has a better way to keep goin quicker.

Plox/GG if you want to be regular. It also is a bit more faster than Empoleon.

Empostar if you want more variety and fun in your games. It's not that much slower than Empoleon, but Plox/GG is a bit more flexible in setting up.

All preference. If you're buying the cards, Empostar is by leaps and bounds cheaper than Plox/GG

If you play a nooby PLOX/GG, where they waste their candies on their bench and active you'll win with ease. THe match up is about 50-50/45-55 for PLOX though, any Empoleon player smart enough to play Omastar PK and Omastar MD makes the match up much easier after some well timed de-evos and Dual Surfs

Po-Po-Pocchama said:
If you play a nooby PLOX/GG, where they waste their candies on their bench and active you'll win with ease. THe match up is about 50-50/45-55 for PLOX though, any Empoleon player smart enough to play Omastar PK and Omastar MD makes the match up much easier after some well timed de-evos and Dual Surfs

I if i can will not use my rare candies to evolve into stage 2. i will use candies sparingly and i will (on the first turn) use the candies into stage 1. i feared Omastar PK since it came out and wow. Thats why I will obliterate their earlier forms before it can be sent out.

PLOX/GG can win by T4-5 with a Gallade sweep. Keep a Gardevoir on the bench with a Claydol for support. Then a Dusknoir and maybe another Gallade.

EmpoStar can start snipping but cannot OHKO Gallade or Gardevoir, which makes any game hard. Although it can snipe them down on the bench, 130HP goes away quite quickly when Gallade comes in.
---------------------
PLOX vs. Empostar: Even if EmpoStar gets set-up faster, PLOX has bench support that will overspeed EmpoStar later in the game.

PLOX 55/45 EmpoStar

Game Stopper, you are absolutely correct. The thing about this is, if they pull down everything and TGW you or something. Or, if the Pokemon already has damage counters and is Pulled Down it will die. This would be a really good match, and I think it's whoever has the fastest set up.

GG 58 / 42 EmpoStar

Thanks; but if you De-evolve there bench and there is a few Rare Candied pokemon and the occasional Gardevoir Lv.X; once you use TGW they will probably not be able to come back. Fast that is...

If Omastar devolves non-damaged properly-evolved Gardes and Gallades and doesn't Wager it's like a sarcastic "Congratulations for devolving my pokes so I can evolve them next turn." But then again, if you have 4 rare-candied GGs on the bench during primal swirl (two Garde Xs candied, two gallades with 60 damage each (4 prizes)), and a kirlia benched and opponent Wagers (you lose the bet) and your opponent has a full bench and uses surf together on your active gallade with 30 on it and your opponent flips "heads" that's just sad:(

It already was proven that Empoleon/omastar has trouble against PLox.
Empoleon/bronzong on the other side, can go pretty even against it.

Well....with DRE leaving the modified format in a few months:(I think GG will be like most slow Stage 2 decks with a little Telepass boost. Oh well, let's go make our Stage 1 decks;)

Back