• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Empoleon for BR

smiland0711

lover of pokemon
pokemon:
4-2-4 empoleon
2 terrakion (retaliate)
4 Emolga (Call for Family)

T/S/S:
4 juniper
2 cheren
4 N
4 catcher
4 poke comm
4 candy
4 level ball
3 large cloak
3 plus power

energy:
6 {W}
6 {F}

the stratagy is to start with Emolga and get 2 empoleon then get 1 or 2 aro set up then destroy

with empoleon its always good to max out on N, because even if you are up on prizes you can disrupt you're opponent, then diving draw the cards back.
so i'd run 4 N 2 cheren

also 4 catcher is a must!

i also found in testing running blends isnt too essential, just run 6 of each water and fighting, that gives you 2 slots, 1 for 4th catcher then maybe another large cloak or whatever you want. I've found 12 energy is more than enough

peace

This deck needs switch for terrakion. I'd also ditch aerodactyl. I understand your point about your opponents being partially in control of your damage output, but it's taking up 6 spaces. I'd go up to 4 emolga for consistency, replace the cloacks with expshares for terrakion, add a communication for more consistent T2 empoleons, and maybe mess around with max potions.

Just my thoughts.

adamisclassy said:
This deck needs switch for terrakion. I'd also ditch aerodactyl.

I would have to agree. Switch just allows everything to become more versatile, while Aeordactyl just takes up too much space and then finally there's Catcher. You could make plenty of room for PlusPower if you just wanted the bonus damage.

The main things missing in my opinion are Switch and Max Potion. Max Potion helps keep your Empoleons out longer and losing the one energy is usually easy to replace from the hand. Switch is needed to get a catchered Terrakion out of the Active position before its KO'd or to switch into the Emolga you draw on your first turn when you were forced to start with something else. I'd replace your Large Cloaks and Plus Powers with Max Potions and Switches.

As for your supporters, I play 4 N, 4 Cheren, 2 Juniper. Empoleon decks tend to lead to very large hands and the last thing you want is to Juniper those away.

I've been playing around with the new Stunfisk as an early fighting attacker for donking Tynamos and the like. If you wanted to try that, or squeak out room for 2 techs of any type, you could go down to 1 Prinplup and 3 Emolgas without losing much in consistency.

I would suggest a nice bit of max potions, as many EX's cannot KO the empoleons that easily. It's only 1 energy being lost, and you can attach another one straight away.

Back