• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Empoleon / Dugtrio (Post - Furious Fists)

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
395.gif
051.gif

Pokemon:

• 4-1-4 Empoleon (Dark Explorers/Plasma Freeze)
    3-3 Dugtrio (X/Y)
    3 Kangaskhan (Plasma Blast)
    1 Mr. Mime (Plasma Freeze)
    1 Exeggcute (Plasma Freeze)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 N
    4 Korrina
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Silver Bangle
    3 Startling Megaphone
    2 Lysandre
    2 Switch
    2 Pal Pad
    2 Professor's Letter
    2 Super Rod
    2 Colress
    1 Dowsing Machine
Energy:

• 4 Water
    4 Fighting
Strategy:

Setup a full bench to use Empoleon's Attack Command while also trying to utilize Dugtrio as a secondary attacker for Earthquake with Silver Bangle/Muscle Band. I figured If I ran 1 Landorus EX with 4 Korrina there's a good chance that it could get stuck in my prizes when I search for Landorus EX and Rare Candy leading to fail to find searches most of the time so to increase those odds I figured why not run 3-3 Dugtrio to get my field setup faster especially with Kangaskhan's Call for Family attack to rely less on the Ball engine in here. I guess you could say that this deck is the return of Empoleon / Donphan Prime but without the support from the HGSS sets.

Any comments, suggestions, and/or advice is greatly appreciated.

Looks like a decent idea you should proxy the cards and test a lot as for the korrina you will still be able to pull a item card even if there is no eligible pokemon. Because the deck is private knowledge so you could use the item search ability without the poke search. This is also because the wat the card is worded its a single search function. If it said search for a fighting pokemon and reveal it the. If you revealed a fighting pokemon search for an item then you would have to find both.

Hope I didn't confuse you more with my explanation :- p

When it comes to Empoleon in the current meta, everyone says that you have to run Dusknoir (Sinister Hand) or the deck will amount to nothing. Remember when Empoleon / Donphan Prime was big right before the HGSS sets got rotated out? That didn't require 2 Stage 2 lines to function and yet the deck did very well at it's time. If anything Dugtrio is better than Donphan Prime cause it's weak to Grass instead of Water, sure VirGen might give the deck problems but Empoleon should still do the job unless you really need that Pyroar tech which is overhyped right now.

Raichu (X/Y) is actually more popular of a tech in most decks than Pyroar due to Yveltal/Garbodor being BDIF right now including Yeti with Lugia EX while Dugtrio helps Empoleon get around Raichu easily. It might not be able to cover most popular matchups aside from possibly using Lysandre to bring up Darkrai for 2 easy prizes for Dugtrio with Silver Bangle attached and it might not have the same bulk that Landorus EX has which is possibly getting rotated out next season, but it does it's job well.

Back