Emboar-EX vs. Togekiss-EX Deck Image, Translations

"These cards will wreck the metagame. You watch."

This statement is drenched with sarcasm xD

The only worthy card I see right now here is the Female Meowstic, as the support attack could work for free with dimension valley. Even then, not that worthy for the competitive field...

"These cards will wreck the metagame. You watch."

This statement is drenched with sarcasm xD

The only worthy card I see right now here is the Female Meowstic, as the support attack could work for free with dimension valley. Even then, not that worthy for the competitive field...
You read my mind, I want to try that card out!

Wasn't there an arcanine on the box? I want to see that card! Do these sorts of decks get released in English? I want to collect every arcanine card, and if it's English I would be happier. :)

I do respect that yes, they are starter decks. But that isn't to say every starter deck they make should only have completely unviable cards - even at the lowest tiers...

Hmm... Now, reading into the Meowstic's attack even more, it looks like it isn't restricted to basic energy, either. That could open up some more strategies with this one. I'm a rouge deck user by heart, and this sounds quite fun!

That Meowstic has insane accel potential, if it's true that it's simply "energy" and not "basic energy". Although, it might be hard getting more than one special energy in your hand on a consistent basis. Maybe something with Primal Clash Solrock could be worked out.

Also very happy to see a new Mawile card. Pretty surprised its attacks are all colorless though!

Meowstic powers up one Girintina-EX in a turn. I like it. You'd have to use wally for it to be really worth it.

Let's go wreck the meta. Girintina EX/Meowstic.

It's funny that this energy gift, unlike swoobat's, does not require a coin flip nor basic energy.

That Corsola is amazo ^_^

It's disapponting that a) Mawile is Metal instead of Fairy and b) wasted in some random side deck instead of being featured in a main set with her Mega form.

It's disapponting that a) Mawile is Metal instead of Fairy and b) wasted in some random side deck instead of being featured in a main set with her Mega form.

Mawile-EX and M Mawile-EX have already been announced.

Also Mawile are not exclusively female.

Don't worry, we're coming into that. By the way,those cards are awesome even though they're not so tough on attacks.

Wasn't there an arcanine on the box? I want to see that card! Do these sorts of decks get released in English? I want to collect every arcanine card, and if it's English I would be happier. :)

Yes these Japanese side decks are always released and incorporated into sets. We didn't get this one with Ancient Origins because for reasons unknown unlike the Charizard, Dialga/Aegislash and Rayquaza side decks this was not released simultaneously with Bandit Ring so we don't get it straight away despite our set still being well after the release of both in Japan. Makes no sense to me but that's the way it is.

Also Mawile are not exclusively female.

That's something I chalk up to GameFreak making a bizarre flavor choice, and something I don't pay much mind. What Mawile is based on, the futakuchi-onna, is a distinctly female youkai in Japanese lore.

STARE INTO THAT ESPURR'S EYES
HE STARES INTO YOUR SOUL

Nevertheless I like the art on these cards

Back