Pokemon Embarrased to play pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a lot of you guys are still in school. As for me, I just graduated and i play both the TCG and the video game all the time. Even during my senior year. Id bring my DS to class during finals and play it. Everyone would ask me what i was doing and i showed them. They even asked if they could decorate my DS. xD

I'm not ashamed at all. I wear clothes with pikachu on it to school, of course people make fun of me, heck, my mom makes fun of me!

BUT I DON'T CARE.
My friends accept me for who I am. If other people don't like it, WELL they can't change me.

I love pokemon. <3

Lets see, I really don't play Pokemon much in public, but when I talk about it or say that I play or collect cards, it doesn't bother me that much because I know it's something that I like to do and then I talk to some of my friends also who like Pokemon in public. So yea... xD
WP

I try to hide it because if it is something all the "popular group" doesn't like, it is considered uncool, no matter how much fun it is to me or anyone else. My school is one of those that is based like that, and I really hate it. Just because you like something different gives no reason to be made fun of.

I keep Pokemon a secret to most of my friends. A few of them know but not many. Even the Yugioh people think its nerdy.
I really don't want people to know.

I don't hide it at all.
And.. my friends don't really care.

Proabably because most of them play it too. xD

Everyone calls me kinda a kid for playing pokemon. For example (based on a true story):
-Shut the (bad word) up, you are a shortie piece of (bad word)-I said
-At least I don't have 13 and play pokemon like a person-A kid said.
And it touched me.

I may just be the most well-known kid in my grade (and maybe even in the grade above me). And if there's one thing that they all know about me, it's that I love Pokemon. There's no shame in it my friends, after all Pokémon is awesome.

I try to hide it because if it is something all the "popular group" doesn't like, it is considered uncool, no matter how much fun it is to me or anyone else. My school is one of those that is based like that, and I really hate it. Just because you like something different gives no reason to be made fun of.

Right on...exactly the same in my school...

Seth1789110 said:

Right on...exactly the same in my school...

And mine.

Pff... I hardly have a social life to begin with. I brought my Fire Red version one day and not a single person gave me a negative comment. Besides, if I got one, I wouldn't care. It's your attitude that influences other's thoughts. If you treat that it's not big deal, then most people wouldn't either.

I am but only at school anywhere else i just don't want anyone who would make fun of me and tell the whole school i play the card game or else i wouldn't care what i do in school but i don't care bout league or tournaments since everyone else their is also playing the card game so i aint the only one

If someone tells you that Pokemon is the most childish thing ever, take them to your house and show them Pokebeach. They'll be astounded.

there are 3 peoople that play Pokémon in our year group...

everyone knows and they occassionally remind me i like it for some strange reason lol

42 chocolate said:
If someone tells you that Pokemon is the most childish thing ever, take them to your house and show them Pokebeach. They'll be astounded.

Make them read Pokemon Adventures and then ask if they still have the guts to say Pokemon's childish.

I'm not embarrassed about the Games. Just how all of my friend's parents are like POKEMON IS EVIL!!1!!1!!!, LOL

It is rather demeaning being in a Redneck Walmart , looking at Pokemon Cards with every one staring at you.

GraveTheUndead said:
42 chocolate said:

Make them read Pokemon Adventures and then ask if they still have the guts to say Pokemon's childish.

Yes, actually, the manga can be quite dark at times. Especially the GS arc. I've only read up to FRLG, but a must read!

Anyway, don't be ashamed. It's your hobby. Although the core audience is children, there are plenty of (not just creepy) adults who play it.

Forum Shark said:
GraveTheUndead said:
42 chocolate said:

Yes, actually, the manga can be quite dark at times. Especially the GS arc. I've only read up to FRLG, but a must read!

Anyway, don't be ashamed. It's your hobby. Although the core audience is children, there are plenty of (not just creepy) adults who play it.

Wait till you see what happened to Maxie in the Emerald Arc.

A lot of people know I play it, but I don't think any really know just how much I am involved with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back