• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Electrode/ Raikou (PCL-on)

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Hello! Since XY-Evolutions is coming in shelves in November, I planned to make an advance deck fit for the newest set. Electrode, which is a reprinted artwork of the original Base Set has the ability that allows to KO this one in order to give 2 [L] energy to a [L] Pokemon. Since this ability will fit to [L] types, some [L] Pokemon will be best for this one like Raikou. Today, I'll show you the advance deck profile of this deck.

Pokemon - 12
2 Voltorb (ROS/EVO)
2 Electrode (EVO)
3 Raikou (BKT)
2 Shaymin-EX (ROS)
1 Magnemite (BKT) (W/ Ability)
1 Magneton (BKT)
1 Magnezone (BKT)

Trainers - 38
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP)
3 N (FCO)
1 Lysandre (AOR)
4 Trainer's Mail (AOR)
4 VS Seeker (ROS)
4 Max Elixir (BKP)
3 Fighting Fury Belt (BKP)
1 Clemont (GEN)
3 Rough Seas (PCL)
4 Ultra Ball (FCO)
2 Super Rod (BKT)
1 Ninja Boy (STS)
2 Float Stone (BKT)
1 Switch (EVO)
1 Fisherman (BKT)
1 Energy Retrieval (EVO)

Energy - 10
10 Lightning Energy

STRATEGY:
I run Magnezone just in case that Electrode wasn't around, just 1-1-1 line. Plus Max Elixir for fast energy accel. I run Ninja Boy just in case if the unwanted Pokemon is on the active or get your Shaymins back to your deck.

What are your other suggestions on this deck? Feel free to comment to show your thoughts.

Magnezone outclasses Electrode in every way. There is no reason to play a card that gives up a Prize for something that can just get hammered off next turn. Raikou is probably the best bet to use with Electrode but I think your focus ought not to be on Electrode. Try these changes:

-1 Voltorb
-1 Electrode
-1 Super Rod
-1 Max Elixir

+1 Magnemite
+1 Magnezone
+1 Skyla
+1 Rare Candy

An alternative idea would be to run Mega Ampharos EX in an all EX deck + Electrode line(s), in which case the Electrode losing a prize card doesn't mean anything as it is effectively the 7th Prize.

An alternative idea would be to run Mega Ampharos EX in an all EX deck + Electrode line(s), in which case the Electrode losing a prize card doesn't mean anything as it is effectively the 7th Prize.
I feel like if you are going to run M Ampharos, you could run FOGP/Volcarona/Vileplume with it. Might be an idea as 170+Paralysis+Item Lock+Simple Setup= A tough situation.

Back