• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Electrode GX/Onix-Steelix = Budget friendly deck

Spectre_Makoto

Elon Musk is Steve Jobs' Nobody!
So this is more of an idea that's so stupid, it just might work.

Electrode GX 3-2
Shuckle 2
Steelix 4-3
Diancie <+> 1
Ditto <+> 1
--- 16 Pokemon

Metal Energy 6
Counter Energy 2
DCE 4
--- 12 Energy

Cynthia 4
Guzma 3
Lillie 3
Bill's Analysis 2
Nest Ball 4
Ultra Ball 4
Acro Bike 4
Counter Catcher 3
Counter Gain 2
Shrine of Punishment 3
--- 32 Tr/Su/St

The general idea of the deck is pretty straightforward, in that Onix and Steelix are the main attackers of the deck. They do decent dmg on their own, hitting Lightning, Dark, and Fairy for weakness. Using Electrode GX to accelerate the absurd amounts of Energy needed to attack, which will hopefully be mitigated by Counter Gain in the early game. Diancie is to boost Onix's dmg, Ditto to evolve into either Electrode GX or Steelix, Shuckle allows you an edge in getting energy in the discard pile and synergizes well with Electrode GX. The trainer and energy line is fairly self-explanatory. Debating on swapping Counter Gain with Buff Padding.

What are you guys' thoughts? Any other Pokemon that might work with Electrode GX?

No Metal Frying Pans or Metal Goggles? You're investing a lot of energy on your 'mons to just have them get OHKO'd by something after just one turn. You can remove the Counter Catchers for them, you're already relying on Counter cards too much in this deck. Heck, you could also add an Adventure Bag or two to make sure you get the right tools (replace a Bill's Analysis for one if necessary).
Diancie <> is also a strange inclusion here; Onix already deals enough damage to OHKO most 'mons it hits for weakness (except Eevee&Snorlax GX) and everything else you'd rather hit with Steelix instead. You could remove it if you don't expect many E&S.
I'd also add a couple more Metal Energy to make sure you can discard enough and have a couple left afterwards, even if some are prized.
All in all, this seems like fun.

Another Electrode-GX variant I saw and really liked was this one, paired with Blissey LOT and using Fire Energy. It was being piloted by AG0127 online, hence the name. Deck list is over here:
https://decktrio.com/deck/deck-overview?deckId=UC9hcjZHY2pXTXRJUGhLWSsrS1l6QT09

No Metal Frying Pans or Metal Goggles? You're investing a lot of energy on your 'mons to just have them get OHKO'd by something after just one turn. You can remove the Counter Catchers for them, you're already relying on Counter cards too much in this deck. Heck, you could also add an Adventure Bag or two to make sure you get the right tools (replace a Bill's Analysis for one if necessary).
Diancie <> is also a strange inclusion here; Onix already deals enough damage to OHKO most 'mons it hits for weakness (except Eevee&Snorlax GX) and everything else you'd rather hit with Steelix instead. You could remove it if you don't expect many E&S.
I'd also add a couple more Metal Energy to make sure you can discard enough and have a couple left afterwards, even if some are prized.
All in all, this seems like fun.

Another Electrode-GX variant I saw and really liked was this one, paired with Blissey LOT and using Fire Energy. It was being piloted by AG0127 online, hence the name. Deck list is over here:
https://decktrio.com/deck/deck-overview?deckId=UC9hcjZHY2pXTXRJUGhLWSsrS1l6QT09
Now that you mention it, I do have Shrine for extra dmg. Not gonna lie I forgot Metal Frying Pan existed lol

Another engine I thought about doing was running Ultra Beasts with Electrode GX. I feel like Beast Ring and Buzzwole work a bit too well with the old exploding ball. I just wanted to see if I could make this work first.

Another engine I thought about doing was running Ultra Beasts with Electrode GX. I feel like Beast Ring and Buzzwole work a bit too well with the old exploding ball. I just wanted to see if I could make this work first.
Buzzwole-GX with Fairy A-Ninetales-GX and Electrode-GX works surprisingly well. It can set up a couple of Buzzwoles by turn 2, but with so many Psychic decks around, it gets shut down a lot.

Back