Ruling Electivire + Electivire X + Motor Drive?

Narrischkeit

Aspiring Trainer
My question is simple.

Let's say I have an Active Electivire, I use Motor Drive to attach an Electric Energy to him from my discard pile.

I then Level-Up my Electivire into Electivire Lv.X.

Can I then re-use Motor Drive since "leveling up" a pokemon removes all effects and status of that pokemon?

I'm pretty sure that you can't. A Poke-Power isn't an effect against the actual Pokemon. Not to mention it says once during your turn.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

It can't be used again. Since Motor Drive is a Poke Power that can be only be used once during your turn, it can only be used once unless you have another Motor Drive in play.

In other words, using a Poke Power isn't an effect on a Pokemon, so Electivire Lv.X doesn't change that. Or, at least in this case.

It can't be used again. When leveling up, effects of evolving take place, but as its still the same pokemon (just with added attacks), you won't be able to use Motor Drive again.

Well I know in the case of Torterra and it's Frenzy Plant attack, if you use Frenzy Plant and then Level Up to Torterra X the next turn, you are able to use Frenzy Plant again as Leveling Up removes all effects and resets the status of the pokemon.

This is why i'm thinking that you can re-use Motor Drive.

With Torterra, leveling up removes the status of not being able to attack that was placed by the attack itself. The pokepower text states that you can use it once per turn. The pokepower effect is not a status, and as such, will not be removed by leveling up.

Didn't like your wording Lyte.

Frenzy Plant is an effect that is placed on your Torterra. The effect does affect Torterra way and is thus removed when leveling up.
Motor Drive's "once during your turn" is an effect that is not placed on your Electivire. The effect does not affect Electivire in any way and is thus not removed when leveling up.

Back