Elbow's 2014-15 Season!

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
IDK If I'll be posting here much, but now that I'm a master I feel more obligated to do some tourney reports.

PA. Regionals: 9 rounds, 340-ish masters
Running: VirGenBear

Round 1 VS. Dylan Rodgers w/ Fighting + Machamp
Game 1 wasn't quick, even after I put on early pressure with a KO on his active machop T2. He had a fully set up Landorus and was starting to set up a lucario too. I managed to red signal up the fully loaded Lando and OHKO with my beartic. He then KO'ed me back with lucario. After some struggling to set up, I Gbooster 2 EXs for the G1 win.
Game 2 is much easier as I know how to play against the deck. I set up 170 damage on a landorus and then signal up a fresh one for a benched knockout and a setup KO next turn, where I do take it and win the series.

Round 2 VS. Ryan Grant w/ Yveltal Hammers (1-0)
This seemed like a good match-up for me, but then my opponent played down a team flare grunt, discarding a grass 1st turn. This really screwed up my plans. He also ran hammers and got heads about 60% of the time. Yveltals put on a lot of pressure even without my energies, so it was an easy win for him.

Round 3 VS. Angel Miranda w/ Yvetal Techs (1-1)
I've seen Angel at the tourney scene before, but this was the 1st time I actually played him.
Game 1 he sweeps me pretty easily as I have no idea what his deck was (ran max potion, mewtwo, dedenne, and a lot of other odd stuff). Game 2 I get a great start and he's stuck with no supporters or any way to draw, so he scoops. Game 3 (we had a ton of time left from the scoop) was the most intense game I played all day, coming down to 1 prize on each side. I forgot exactly what happened, but I red signaled up his benched Yveltal with 1 energy to try to 2HKO it for the win (after an N, late game switches and many energy discarded), but he shows me his hand of energy and juniper and its game.

Round 4 VS. (PokeDad) Peter Klimczak w/ Seismatoad deck (1-2)
Interesting concept. He tried to use Quack punch, and then attached waters for a Grenade hammer with Sigilyphs on the bench. It was a bad matchup for him though and I steamrolled him both games.

Round 5 VS. Emmanuel Carela w/ Mirror (2-2)
Game kind of comes down to opening coin toss of him going 1st, but due to the lack of time for Game 3, we agree to the prize rrule (least prizes by the end of game 3 wins). On turn 2 he take 2 prizes, then I take 2 back, then he misses 2 prizes, then I red signal and energy switch for the game!

Round 6 VS. Tyrone Davis w/ ? (3-2)
I remember that this game I won also on turn 3 of time, but I really forget what he played...sorry! I do remember this was the guy from NJ who works at All in One collectables though.

Round 7 VS. Owen Crizer w/ Mirror (4-2)
This kid was a really good player, and even though I won the coin toss he outplayed me both games.

Round 8 VS. Jimmy O'Brian w/ Lando.dek (4-3)
I know Jimmy from past events, but not personally
Even with beartic, he's too good of a player and wrecks me both games. It was kind of sad too because I was somewhat was thinking I was going to win, of which I didn't

Round 9 VS. Jack OBrian (not related to ^) w/ straight Yveltal (4-4)
I was really tired this round and pretty much gave up any chance at cut or top 128 for fun, so I think my results were kind of skewed from what they might have been (at least 1-1 because I made a misplay in a red signal).

Final Record: 4-5
Props:
Jeremy Top 4
Super Smash games
Won a binder
Bought a mat
Thought I lost my stuff but someone returned it! (Shows the good side of the community)
Dad bringing food
Food
Not playing Arjun
1st time master tourney

Slops:
Tired
Hungry
Being a master
Being bad at smash
Not making the right metacall
Didn't trade with the guy who was trading plushies
4-5 badddd record