• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Eelzone EX (Eelektrik, Zekrom EX, Magnezone prime)

Trapinch

If it's Lotad, it wins
Hello! I've been testing a lot with metagame decks lately but I really enjoy the deck that I am playing right now. It won me a cities a bit ago and I want to improve it. Suggestions?

Pokemon: 16
3-3 Eelektrik (Tynamo #38, one retreat cost.)
3-1-3 Magnezone Prime
1 Zekrom EX
2 Mewtwo EX

T/S/S: 30
3 Pokemon Catcher
4 Junk Arm
4 Sage's Training
2 Professor Juniper
4 Pokemon Communication
1 Super Rod
4 Rare Candy
2 Switch
4 Collector
2 N

Energy:14
10 lightning
4 DCE

Strategy: Use zones for drawpower and eelz for acceleration. Zek EX is for hittin heavy. Mewtwo is to counter himself and thundurus is for early game prizes. DCE is to take easy early game prizes with Zek EX and M2, also helps with eelz retreat cost against switch-denying chandelure. Please help!

I tend to think two Zekrom would be better then two Thundurus. It can Outrage for a lot while building up the EX version. Also wouldn't Engineer's Adjustments be good in this deck? Its a way to get energy in the discard pile for Elektrik to pull out for Zekrom EX

I think that judge and N would be good in any magnezone deck for hand-disruption. I know that space is a bit tight in this deck, but more hand-refreshers would be good. I'd cut 1 rare candy for it.

well I just tried a slight variation of this deck at League today. Wouldn't you know I'm looking across the table at a Machamp deck. I thought, well this will be quick since he has me by weakness. Well he had some energy troubles early on, and even though I won, I took 4 prizes. It wasn't a total blow out, which I think says something about this deck being pretty good.

I think that Zekrom EX would be good for a secondary attacker, but takes a little longer as a starter to set up, while thundurus takes shorter to set up as a starter, but is not as good as a secondary attacker.

-1 Rare Candy
-1 Pokemon Communication
-1 Zekrom EX
+1 Thundurus
+2 N

Thundurus is really good for early game. N helps for disruption.

Updating list now. Im seeing Mewtwo varients very often in my metagame and with my amazing luck I pulled 2. I am really debating on whether or not to run the DCE, but it can win me games with both Mewtwo and Zekrom. Still need suggestions though..... thanks for help!!!!

i think maybe 3 n 1 juniper to mess opponent up and take 1 mewtwo ex for cleffa or smeagle so u have a good start from a bad hand. instead of 4 junk arm remove 1 for tynamo free retreat because tynamos die quick and when they ko a guy u can free retreat instead of wasting energy on a 1 retreat guy.

I think another zekrom EX or a thundurus would be good to be a starter to discard energies to power up magnezone.

The thing I don't like about the Pokemon choice is that there is no basic attacker that isn't a Pokemon-EX. It seems too risky and scary versus some decks, and prizes can be easily exchanged without the option to give your opponent a single-prize basic Pokemon. It leaves you less room to outplay your opponent with the limited options. The amount of energy in the deck implies that you tend to attack with Basic Pokemon first, and Magnezone is your backup attacker. I would then keep the amount of Catcher at three at least. A fun tactic I used to get very fast stage twos out is using Four Junk Arm with Four Professor Juniper. It lets you discard your Rare Candy and retrieve it with Junk Arm when you find your Stage Two. I would find cards you could work without and remove them to add more basic Pokemon. The concept of Magnezone as a backup attacker seems very effective.

~L_X_F

The zekrom EX is mainly for being a starter and a secondary attacker for quick KOs in case too many lost burns energies. I think in this deck magnezone prime is the main attacker. (maybe not but just saying what I think based on the pokemon. :p)

I would try Zapdos or Tornadus to counter those pesky fighting types, mainly terrakion.

I think that tornadus would be the best counter to Donphan, but I don't think terrakion should be fretted over about because you can just catcher one up that doesn't have any energy attached to it, and just OHKO it after they do. My friend plays a Eelzone deck and surprisingly never seems to have many problems with terrakion.

The reason why I think this deck uses Magnezone as a backup attacker is because the energy count doesn't effectively allow Magnezone to Lost Burn for most of the prizes. The basics do not waste energy, so they are more consistent, but whenever the basic Pokemon don't suffice in knocking out a Pokemon or it just isn't safe for an EX to KO a Pokemon, Magenezone can one-shot the Pokemon the basics cannot. The energy count and choice doesn't support Magnezone well as a main attacker in an Eelektrik-based deck. More Lightning energy overall and very little to no non-recoverable special energy cards constitutes a deck based on Magnezone as a main attacker as it gives the deck access to all of the Energy of the deck for Magnezone to Lost Burn.

~L_X_F

Back