• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Eelzone deck

cf11

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone I am a new member on the forums and need some help with my eelzone deck. I want to give it a next destinies makeover :D. I want to put Mewtwo, but then want to put DCE. Also should I take out Terrakion and the fighting energy and put in the ground type stunfisk that runs on lightning energy for the mirror match/other electric matches? I am competeing in Provincials (or as americans call them "states").

Without further ado here is the list

Pokemon 19

1 cleffa (hgss)
3 magnemite (triumphant)
1 magneton (triumphant)
3 magnezone (triumphant)
1 zekrom ex (nd)
1 tynamo (free retreat) (nv)
2 tynamo (1 retreat) (nv)
3 eelektriks (nv)
1 thundurus (ep)
1 pachirisu (col)
2 terrakion (nv)

Trainers/Supporters 28

3 Pokemon catcher (ep)
3 rare candy (ud)
4 communication (hgss)
4 junk arm (triumphant)
2 switch (hgss)
4 collector (hgss)
4 sage's training (col)
2 N (nv)
2 PONT (hgss)

Energy 13

11 lightning
2 fighting

Thanks for all the help guys and hopefully I can take home provincials:)

I don't think cleffa is really necessary since either zekrom or thundurus will be your starter to discard energy. I think mew two instead of terrakion would be better, since terrakion and donphan is usually what is used against it, but terrakion is also good for revenge-koing. I think judge will be very helpful for early game hand disruption.

^What do you mean by terrakion and donphan are used against it? But I have to agree that an early judge which you can easily recover from using magnezone can easily catch someone offguard.

I was saying that terrakion is good, but Mewtwo is also a viable choice for a counter against mew two and other decks. I think that -1 terrakion and + 1 Mewtwo could be good since mew two seems good to run with this deck for other mew twos.

Jirachi said:
I was saying that terrakion is good, but Mewtwo is also a viable choice for a counter against mew two and other decks. I think that -1 terrakion and + 1 Mewtwo could be good since mew two seems good to run with this deck for other mew twos.

Thanks i am going to take out one terrakion, but what should i take out for judge?

I'm not sure. Maybe the cleffa or thundurus or zekrom, but not both. Are you planning to discard more with thundurus as a starter or zekrom?

I would take out the two PONT for N. Early game disruption is too important to pass up on, and N helps late game vs Durant.

Glaceon said:
I would take out the two PONT for N. Early game disruption is too important to pass up on, and N helps late game vs Durant.

You mean put in 3 N?

Jirachi said:
I'm not sure. Maybe the cleffa or thundurus or zekrom, but not both. Are you planning to discard more with thundurus as a starter or zekrom?

Zekrom EX costs too much to start with (both energy and retreat) so I am going to usually start with thundurus.

Back