• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Eelektrik Zekrom Mewtwo

LucarioXFroslass

Bug Catcher
Pokemon: 15
2 Zekrom EX NX
1 Mewtwo EX NX
2 Zekrom BW
2 Tornadus NV
3 Eelektrik NV
2 Tynamo (30 HP Free retreat)
2 Tynamo (40 HP One retreat)
1 Shaymin UL

Trainers: 31
1 Lost Remover/N
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Professor Juniper
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Sage's Training
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Pluspower
2 Eviolite
3 Junk Arm
2 Switch
1 Super Rod

Energy: 14
10 Lightning Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

This deck is a slightly worked draft of the Zekrom Eelektrik theme with an included, planned Mewtwo EX to be added when I manage to get one. I'm trying to balance my matchups right now with the cards I have included.

I'd love to add:
The 4th Junk Arm
1-2 PokeGear
The 2nd Mewtwo EX

Right now, I really appreciate the Shaymin which allows me to continuously attach energy with Dynamotor even if I don't have proper targets on the field. I can attach energy to my Eelektrik to avoid them being brought up for a turn to waste a Double Colorless Energy or Switch and still have them effectively useful for my attackers, as well. The conflict between N and Lost Remover is iffy. I know Special Energy will be played like nothing else. I know that N is more universal against decks. Both tend to lack power versus Magnezone-themed decks, but N is stronger versus it due to my ability to continually knock out Magnezone.

~L_X_F

Why Pokémon Communication over Level Ball? The only thing you need to take out with Communication is Eelektrik, which can be Level Balled. While yeah, the Communication can also grab some of your other Pokémon, I've found that Collector can do that job fine.

Add Level Ball and 2 more Mewtwo EX. Take out Pluspowers and Tornadus. Another switch is great to have too because of Eels and Zekrom EX.

I'd take a juniper and add a sage's because I usually find it more beneficial. You will definitely need seekers or super scoop ups for shaymin to use his ability multiple times.

I'll consider the Level Ball. It seems like a really viable alternative to Communication. I wouldn't play more than two Mewtwo because I play Super Rod which lets me recover it, and I prefer not to start with it in a game. I am also interested in keeping both of my Pluspower. I doubt I'd play more than two, though.

~L_X_F

i run a similiar deck u took my energy count too lol i do 4 sages 3 juniper. instead of plus power and ur lost i run pokegear.

In this deck, level ball is a better option to get out eelektrik because you have no other stage 1s or 2s in your deck. Collector would take care of the rest of the pokemon.

I'm now getting iffy on that decision between Level Ball and Pokemon Communication now. I want the ability to get any Pokemon that I want without spending my supporter for the turn. Level Ball is powerful suring the early game in conjunction with Collector, but I prefer the versatility of Communication during any stage of the game.

~L_X_F

Well, some level ball could work. Its your decision really. Or you could add dual ball or something in case, and use level ball.

Dual Ball is limiting in the same fashion and is not as strong with Pokemon Collector already is the deck. I feel that this is a tight list, and I'm trying to consider what is not as necessary as other cards.

~L_X_F

Every pokemon except for eelektrik can be searched out with collector, and the eelektriks can be searched out with level ball without having to put anything back in your deck, which is what communication does. You said that you didn't want level ball because its too restricting and you don't want to use collector because you didn't want to use a supporter. Dual ball kind of fixes that problem because you can use both that, level ball, and some other supporter in one turn. :) Its just what I would do.

Pokemon Collector is more powerful than Dual Ball, which I prefer. I do think Level Ball is a viable alternative to Communication that would be good to experiment with. I am mainly concerned with figuring out removable cards in the deck and, like with the example of Level Ball, alternative cards to ones I play or have listed.

~L_X_F

Back