TCG Fakes Edwin's Fake Thread (Image Based)

@Edwin Santander Here's a Skarmory-GX :) :

Basic Skarmory-GX HP190[M]

Ability Rattling Noise
When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench, you may leave your opponent's Active Pokemon Confused.

[M][M][M] Clumsy Bird 180
Switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon. This Pokemon does 30 damage to that Pokemon.

[M][M][M] Steely Gaze-GX
If your opponent's Active Pokemon has 3 or more Energy attached to it, it is now Knocked Out. (You can only use one GX attack per game.)

Weakness: [R]x2 Resistance: [P]-20 Retreat: [C][C][C]

Hope you liked it :)
Thanks man!! but i have an excuse, i see in internet some cards an this card is the card that i choosed to work, and you can see, the holosheet goes over the atribute energy symbol, but any way looking that i put 2 layers one under the background texture and other over everything with 30% of opacity.. but the next time i will try to put under the text and atribute symbols xd

s-l1600.jpg

it's very hard looking an photograph reproduce the effect, because in my country i can get any card (because they are expensive) to see the details, but i will try to get a more accurated foil effect.. thanks for your thoughs!!

yeah, as i remenber in the game are 6 prize cards, and 5 after you win, that's mean 270 dmg for 2 steel energy and 1 colorless its pretty op xD

and thank you very much for the textbased, the next CAC i will make an collab card for the first who want to work with me, its the better way to get the better results :)
You're welcome for the text based! I would love to work with you, but I have tons of stuff going on next month :( . Good luck finding someone though :)

@Edwin Santander Here's a Skarmory-GX :) :

Basic Skarmory-GX HP190[M]

Ability Rattling Noise
When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench, you may leave your opponent's Active Pokemon Confused.

[M][M][M] Clumsy Bird 180
Switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon. This Pokemon does 30 damage to that Pokemon.

[M][M][M] Steely Gaze-GX
If your opponent's Active Pokemon has 3 or more Energy attached to it, it is now Knocked Out. (You can only use one GX attack per game.)

Weakness: [R]x2 Resistance: [P]-20 Retreat: [C][C][C]

Hope you liked it :)

You're welcome for the text based! I would love to work with you, but I have tons of stuff going on next month :( . Good luck finding someone though :)
quickily done! soon i will publish de FA version (and maybe the Hyper rare), this is because i will try the RA template :)

skarmory_gx_ra_by_edwinsantander59-dbdr8tk.png

Hope you like it! :)

here i go with rarities, hope you like it, maybe for FA the art is not a great choose because is too darky, but i like so much the pose, that's why i choose it :)

skarmory_gx_fa_by_edwinsantander59-dbdt9b2.png

skarmory_gx_rr_by_edwinsantander59-dbdt9u9.png

skarmory_gx_rr2_by_edwinsantander59-dbdtaga.png

What you think about the colors in the rainbow rarity, it's better the first o second type?

hope you like it

here i go with rarities, hope you like it, maybe for FA the art is not a great choose because is too darky, but i like so much the pose, that's why i choose it :)

What you think about the colors in the rainbow rarity, it's better the first o second type?

hope you like it

I like the first, but they are both stunning!!!

hope you like it
All of them are awesome but I'm with @TheNyanCatXD, the first is my favourite :)

Hey, looking creative builds text based for some cards, new and old xd
-Tsaeerena GX
-Dragonite GX
-Solgaleo GX
-Lunala GX
-Flygon GX
-Garchomp GX
-Cresselia GX
-Armaldo GX
-Yveltal GX
-Chandelure GX
-Weavile GX
-Decidueye GX
-Dusknoir GX
-Gengar GX
-Magikarp GX
-Rayquaza GX
-Pikachu (not GX)
-Frogadier (not GX)
-Whimsicott GX
-Mew GX
-Hoopa GX (and Hoopa Unbound GX)
-Pachirisu GX
-Nidoking GX
-Muk Alola GX

I know, these are too much cards but i can make it looking good :)

By the way:

physichic_energy_by_edwinsantander59-dbeblrf.png

working to get a better templates!!
if you can see something wrong would be nice if you point the mistakes, hope can help me :)

PAhu4a5.png

Here's one

Dragonite - GX HP 230 [N]
Stage 2 - Evolves from Dragonair

[Ability] Healing Scale
Once from your turn, you may remove 2 damage counters from 1 of your Pokemon.

[G][L] Dragon Pulse 80

[G][G][L][L] Hyper Hurricane 100
Discard all Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokemon and this Pokemon.

Weakness [Y]
Resistance [W]
Retreat [C][C][C]

Here's one

Dragonite - GX HP 230 [N]
Stage 2 - Evolves from Dragonair

[Ability] Healing Scale
Once from your turn, you may remove 2 damage counters from 1 of your Pokemon.

[G][L] Dragon Pulse 80

[G][G][L][L] Hyper Hurricane 100
Discard all Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokemon and this Pokemon.

Weakness [Y]
Resistance [W]
Retreat [C][C][C]

thanks to all of you, this is a new step into my fake experience, i like the final result (Except for the red color, but in future cards i will try to correct that)

dragonite_gx_ra__animated_foiled__by_edwinsantander59-dbeqyg0.gif

Hope you like it!! let your thoughts :)

That's a very interesting approach, Edwin! I think it could do with a bit of finetuning, however - the holosheet moving across the card feels somewhat static/unrealistic - it's sorta just sliding along there. You could perhaps play around with the shine that real cards have, and sorta have the holosheet flipping backwards and forwards as if the card was being tilted under light.

That's a very interesting approach, Edwin! I think it could do with a bit of finetuning, however - the holosheet moving across the card feels somewhat static/unrealistic - it's sorta just sliding along there. You could perhaps play around with the shine that real cards have, and sorta have the holosheet flipping backwards and forwards as if the card was being tilted under light.
Thanks BB!! Im getting a big bad moment with the way the holo moves through the card, i see some vídeos and now i know where is the hilo foil in the card, but the move through the card is more complicated to see, at the moment i will only work with RA, because is the most hard to reproduce, the FA and HR looks more easy to reproduce, maybe i will draw the holo foil pattern by miself and then put a clipping mask, this way the hilo will be more realistic and will add some other light, hope you can comment the next card! Thanks ver y much!

I saw this on your list and made it. Hope it's good enough to make the cut! :D

Chandelure GX HP: 210 - Fire
Stage 2 - Evolves from Lampent
609.gif

Ability: Life Feast
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, once during your turn (before your attack), you may put 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

[R][R] Singe 80
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is Burned.

[R][R]
Death Bringer GX 120
If this Pokémon has more HP than your opponent's Active Pokémon, and this attack knocks it out, you may take 2 extra Prize Cards.

Weakness: [W] x 2
Resistance: None
Retreat: [C][C]

Pokémon GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

thanks to all of you, this is a new step into my fake experience, i like the final result (Except for the red color, but in future cards i will try to correct that)

dragonite_gx_ra__animated_foiled__by_edwinsantander59-dbeqyg0.gif

Hope you like it!! let your thoughts :)

Cards with animations was something I have also thought about for the Pokémon tcg for some time! You used it for Holo Foil, which looks Epic!. Especially when it goes throught the eye! Have you played Hearthstone with golden cards?- Doing Pokémon cards with animations in a similar fashion is kind of the next step.

I am currently also playing Tablet simulator with the Pokémon tcg, and cards animations there is something I would be very interested in doing- at least for Ultra Rare cards. If you can figure out some ways to expand this concept I would be amazed. Might be worth experimenting with if you feel to try some new stuff :)

Flygon-GX
Stage 2 - Evolves from Vibrava

[C] [C] -

609.gif

If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, once during your turn (before your attack), you may put 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

[R][R] Singe 80

[R][R]
Death Bringer GX 120
If this Pokémon has more HP than your opponent's Active Pokémon, and this attack knocks it out, you may take 2 extra Prize Cards.

Pokémon GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

The chandelure's ability should read "Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may put 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon." Essentially just flip the once per turn and active Pokemon thing :p

609.gif

[R][R] Singe 80

[R][R]
Death Bringer GX 120

Yeah man!! Nice one!! This will be a good card, hope you will like xd

Cards with animations was something I have also thought about for the Pokémon tcg for some time! You used it for Holo Foil, which looks Epic!. Especially when it goes throught the eye! Have you played Hearthstone with golden cards?- Doing Pokémon cards with animations in a similar fashion is kind of the next step.

I am currently also playing Tablet simulator with the Pokémon tcg, and cards animations there is something I would be very interested in doing- at least for Ultra Rare cards. If you can figure out some ways to expand this concept I would be amazed. Might be worth experimenting with if you feel to try some new stuff :)

Yea, i thinking on it when i see some vídeos opening packs, and the holofoil looks so awesome that is why i tried to replicate, and i know what you mean with the animated thinks on the card, i thinked to make a rocks getting out from the card, and some scanlines (i have this on muy head forsome timtime when i saw the tráiler from sm and solgaleo goes on slowmotion)
I didnt play ptcgo, hearthstone, por other thinks, because i dont have a good pc or good phone, and anything works on it xd and thanks, i will try to get a better results! And hopr you like the results :)

I saw Armaldo on the list and had to make it.
(thanks for the correct wording @TheNyanCatXD)

[STAGE1] Armaldo GX HP210 [F]
Evolves from Anorith

[ABILITY] Ancient Plating
This Pokémon takes 10 less damage from attacks for each Restored Pokémon on your Bench (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[F][F][C] Final Swipe 40+
This attack does 30 more damage for each Prize card each player has taken.

[F] Restorative Claw GX 10
Search your deck for as many Restored Pokémon as you like and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

Last edited:
I saw Armaldo on the list and had to make it.

[STAGE1] Armaldo GX HP210 [F]
Evolves from Anorith

[ABILITY] Ancient Plating
Any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 10 for each Restored Pokémon on your Bench. (after applying Weakness and Resistance)

[F][F][C] Final Swipe 40+
This attack does 30 more damage for each Prize card each player has taken.

[F] Restorative Claw GX 10
Search your deck for as many Restored Pokémon as you like and put them onto your Bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

With sun and moon wording, the ability should be "This Pokémon takes 10 less damage from attacks for each Restored Pokémon on your Bench (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Sorry for the wording stuff, I just want Edwin's fakes to be the best they can be. Hopefully i'm being more helpful than annoying here :p

Garchomp-GX HP 250
Stage 2 - Evolves from Gabite

318e9f986ab0479b0caa2745026a118a.jpg

[F] Dragon Pulse - 80
Discard the top 3 cards of your deck.

[W][F][C][C] Shred - 150
This attack's damage isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[W][F] Draconic Ascension-GX
Search your deck for 2 in any combination of Garchomp or Garchomp-GX and put them onto your bench. Then, shuffle your deck.

Weakness - [Y] x2
Resistance - none
Retreat Cost - [C][C][C]

M-Garchomp-GX [N] HP 250

MEGA - Evolves from Garchomp-GX

When 1 of your Pokémon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokémon, your turn ends.
garchomp--mega-garchomp--pokemon.jpg

/Ability/ Dragonheart

Prevent all effects of attacks and abilities done to your [N] Pokémon.

[F][W] Tear Apart - 100
If your opponent's active Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX or Pokémon-GX, this attack does 100 more damage

[W][W][F][F] Obliteration-GX 300
(You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness - [Y] x2
Resistance - none
Retreat Cost - [C][C][C][C]

Hope you like it!

609.gif

[R][R] Singe 80

[R][R]
Death Bringer GX 120

Heyyyy!! here is the card man, very good results, i think this will be my technique by now, the next step will be the FA and HR cards, i corrected the issue with the red color on my previous card, but i cant get a more soft animation sadly, my pc crash the photoshop if i try to put more photograms..

chandelure_gx_ra__animated__by_edwinsantander59-dbf0hs6.gif

thanks for all your support and your thoughts, hope you like this :)

Last edited:
Back