eBay Launches Mandatory Card Authentication Service for Pokemon and Other TCGs

I think ebay is doing this because they want to avoid losing money on their "money back guaranteed". Don't forget what recently happened...who got the largest amount of money back??? The guy that wants to destroy every aspect of Pokemon TCG.
Who is Destroying the TCG? Are you referring to Logan Paul?

This is absolutely the best thing to happen to TCG collecting in ages! As a eBay seller dealing with almost a hundred orders each day from our stores in CA and BC, I can tell you most every store owner I know including myself have kept a lot of cards off the market because of fear of scammers. Particularly stuff over $750, or later on $250, because of the prevalence of scammers literally millions of cards are being held off the online marketplace by not just collectors, but stores and large volume show dealers. This new rule will bring all these cards onto the market, giving buyers access to high quality cards without paying huge fees to grading companies. By creating this service it creates extra liquidity in the market to give sellers the confidence to pull out their higher priced items and put them onto the market, and gives buyers the confidence to put down big monies and get that shadowless without doubt.
Not only is this true, but if this makes eBay lose their Pokemon card business, then the problems with scalpers should severely decline! Wonderful news to me as well!

You must not play Magic. People play with them competitively (e.g. dual lands like Volcanic Island, etc.). Not that that's a good thing, but that's the way it is right now. In Pokemon, look at Tropical Beach for example. Great card for competitive with no sign that it will be reprinted and now it's being used in Expanded AND GLC.
You are correct, I never played Magic, neither pokemon. Unless the player is wagering bet on the game then that is understandable. However, if it is for collection purposes and/or bragging rights, then it is a colossal waste of money.

Back