• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Earthshattering Beatdown (Primal Groudon EX / Regirock / Machamp)

Madarawolf

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 2 Primal Groudon EX
  • 4 Groudon EX (PRC)
  • 2 Lucario EX
  • 4 Regirock XY Promo 49
  • 2 Machamp (PLB or FFI)
  • 4 Machop (FFI)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Fighting Stadium
  • 4 Battle City
  • 2 Scorched Earth
  • 3 Skyla
  • 3 Professor Oak
  • 2 Korrina
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Pokemon Communication
  • 2 Switch
Energy:
  • 12 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

The basic strategy of this deck is to setup Primal Groudon EX and then take advantage of stadium cards, like Battle City, and then destroy them with P Groudons attack dealing massive damage. Then, we have cards like Strong energy and Fighting Stadium to boost the damage even further as well as having Machamp on Bench to take the opponents resistance out of the equation. Skyla lets us search out stadiums if we don't happen to have one, or other trainers that might be useful, and VS Seeker to reuse her. Korrina let us get Machop or Machamp and the rare candy needed to evolve, or any thing else we might want. Lucario EX is just a solid fighting Pokemon to use while setting up Groudon and Regirock is there to let us retrieve used stadiums. And lastly, we have the Switches to get Groudon out of a sticky situation without having to pay his high retreat cost.

I haven't really been able to test this deck out much, so I don't know 100% what works and what doesn't yet. But with what I have been able to test getting stadiums and setting up Groudon wasn't a problem.

I'm assuming this is for Standard format, so just letting you know that Professor Oak and Battle City are out of format. Other than that, there are a few things you should consider.

• Landorus FFI and Mega Turbo from Roaring Skies are good additions for Energy acceleration because powering up a 4 Energy attack cost manually is very slow.
  • I'd stick to just using the Machamp from FFI (I believe that's the one that makes your attacks do more damage). Not everything has a Fighting Resistance, and the 20 extra damage from the other Machamp negates any Resistances anyways, making it much better than the one that ignores Resistance.
  • With Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick, you can just not play the Machops and Rare Candy, saving you deck list space.
Hope this has been helpful!

I'm assuming this is for Standard format, so just letting you know that Professor Oak and Battle City are out of format. Other than that, there are a few things you should consider.

• Landorus FFI and Mega Turbo from Roaring Skies are good additions for Energy acceleration because powering up a 4 Energy attack cost manually is very slow.
  • I'd stick to just using the Machamp from FFI (I believe that's the one that makes your attacks do more damage). Not everything has a Fighting Resistance, and the 20 extra damage from the other Machamp negates any Resistances anyways, making it much better than the one that ignores Resistance.
  • With Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick, you can just not play the Machops and Rare Candy, saving you deck list space.
Hope this has been helpful!
  • I originally had the Landorus in but then swapped it for the Regirocks.
  • I'll probably switch to that Machamp, it's just that I only have one right now.
  • I found that Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick was really hard to play just because I couldn't get it to be the last card in my hand, so it was always dead.
  • I didn't know about Battle City being rotated out. I'll probably swap those out for two more Scorched Earths and two of the Mega Turbos.

Last edited:
Back