E3 2015 Discussion

Pokémon main games have come out every year since Platinum.

Yeah, but will they bring back Kanto AND Kalos in one game, especially since February 2016 will mark 20 years of Pokemon's existence in Japan(FYI, Red and Green were released in Japan on February 27th, 1996)? Also, if such a game was made, since they occur in different time periods, with Red and Green taking place shortly before Ruby and Sapphire in the games' timeline(not the real-life timeline, just in case you're confused regarding what timeline I'm talking about), and ending shortly before the same time as Brendan/May's league journey's end post-Hoenn League, and since the Kalos games occur long after that, how will they address the time difference if such a game is surprisingly announced? I perceived that people are not expecting Pokemon Z until next year, so if my perception is right, and they do not announce a pokemon game at e3 this year, don't be surprised. Then again, with the anniversary looming, who knows if it will be another trip to Kanto, or even a return to Kalos for Pokemon Z? Or even both in one? The anniversary factor brings a lot of e3 possibilities for pokemon...

edit: It's official. I just found this to disprove all possibilities of a pokemon game this year, and maybe Pokemon Z won't be at e3, and one more source that could signal that maybe there won't be a pokemon game until maybe the eleventh month of 2016:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-39-s-confirmed-no-shows.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/pokémon-z-release-date-super-mystery-dungeon-dooms-any-hope-2015-449768

^ I hope that Pokemon Z does not become the last 1st party-published game of the 3DS's lifespan, since there's a possibility that the Nintendo NX could replace the 3ds. Then again, it could also replace the Wii U. Keep your fingers crossed that Pokemon Z is not released for 3ds AND NX in the event that pokemon Z is released early 2017 and a few months after the NX's release.

^ Don't you think the above is too late of a time for the third game of the kalos trio? Super Mystery Dungeon makes me think that pokemon Z might be a holiday 2016 game, or a early 2017 game... :(

Last edited:
Sony's presentation wasn't that exciting IMO, but Final Fantasy 7 remake, World of Final Fantasy and Street Fighter 5 look good to me! Not sure how I feel about Dreams. It's like it looks interesting but will it be any good? Only time will tell.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes was announced by EA, which is a mobile collectable card game- RPG Hybrid and basicly a copy of Konami's Star Wars: The Force Collection

No doubt that that game will have most of the same card designs as the Force Collection

I'm genuinely worried about Nintendo's presentation tomorrow. Sony's is a pretty tough act to follow, Nintendo needs some megatons of their own if they want to get people's attention. Hopefully they have a Metroid Prime 4 or Super Mario Galaxy 3 type of announcement up their sleeve, we're overdue for those kind of games.

If there's anything Nintendo is good at, it's surprising people. Either way, they'll just do their thing like they always do; I don't think they're particularly worried about their competition.

(bias) grades so far

Still drooling after Bethesda's conference yesterday. Seeing Dishonored 2, DOOM, and Fallout 4 to start thing off really made this E3 feel amazing. 10/10

I don't buy Microsoft consoles, so I usually skip out on most of their conference. Backwards compatibility is cool I guess, but if one of your main positives is a feature you should have included at release, you should probably be a little ashamed to have added that in. ReCore looks amazing, but it's sadly exclusive. $150 for le mlg elite mountain dew controller is hilarious btw. 5/10

I only cared about Battlefront from EA, but even then a lot of my fears for the game still remain. Outside of that it's the same thing you expect from the scum of the gaming industry. 3/10

Ubisoft was meme center with how poorly they try to seem interesting. Division looks kind of cool, same with Rainbow 6. Otherwise it's the same stuff you'd expect from Ubisoft. 2/10

Sony really outdid themselves this year. Just like last year, they had that awkward as hell moment just before the end of their presentation full of crap nobody really cares about. Thankfully, that was a really short period of time unlike last year. The amount of reveals and showcases throughout the conference was amazing. Also lel at 20 seconds of Vita. 8/10

Holding my breath for Nintendo's announcement. Really hoping there's more information on the NX console, Zelda, and Starfox. Less likely they'll show X2 + Y2/Z, but anything is possible I guess.

Iwata previously confirmed that no information on the NX would be revealed at this year's E3.

Iwata previously confirmed that no information on the NX would be revealed at this year's E3.

Ah well, maybe they'll start a push for their mobile games or something. In the meantime, they need to show something to keep us occupied. I love Nintendo, but the Wii U isn't the best console they could do IMO. I'm just anxious for something else already.

Ah well, maybe they'll start a push for their mobile games or something. In the meantime, they need to show something to keep us occupied. I love Nintendo, but the Wii U isn't the best console they could do IMO. I'm just anxious for something else already.

Mobile games have been deconfirmed as well. They've made it pretty clear that they're focusing on 3DS and Wii U games this year.

Zelda U is also stated not to be showing up (although some people are convinced it will anyway, if only as a gameplay trailer), so really the only thing on your wishlist we're probably going to see is Star Fox (Pokemon hasn't been deconfirmed, but I wouldn't expect it for reasons that have been discussed to death in the VG News & Discussion Forum).

I've mostly been skimming over other people's tl;drs of the other conferences because the only one I care about is Nintendo. >_> I'm even cooking a half-assed easy meal tonight so hubby and I can watch the presentation easily; it starts at 6pm our time, which is nice.

Mostly what I want is a final English title and release date for FEif. The game is coming out next week in Japan, so hopefully we've got a bit of localization info now because there hasn't been any since the January reveal. FExSMT and the new Ace Attorney game release dates would also be groovy. I'm not really expecting any worthwhile Pokémon news, but I guess it could happen. Mostly I just like going in with low expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Microsoft actually selling their console in a good light for once. First time the One has looked like a good purchase to me. A lot of really cool looking games, but mostly just potential. I don't care for any of their Dew swilling sellers like Halo or Gears of War but Dark Souls 3, Recore, The Division, Rainbow Six, Sea of Thieves and Fable could turn out great. The Hololense goes without saying is an incredible piece of technology. Both for the gaming industry and education. However this is sort of undermined by the $150 controller with a swappable D-Pad. That game where the girl is blind, again, has a ton of potential but might just be a walking simulator or as straight forward as Limbo was.

I hope we can all sweep Ubisoft and EA under the embarrasment rug like every year. Not sure why they're invited...oh yeah! Money.

I'll watch Sony's presentation later but oh heck that FF7 remake. I knew it was a matter of time but I'll be putting my ear to the wall for any type of gameplay. The remixed music gave me goosebumps.
Hey! Shenmue 3! Ryo still looks like a carboard box on legs, bless him.

Not worried about Nintendo. I have faith in them to do good just like they've done for the last handful of years. And if they still have Platinum's support then they can do no wrong.

MGS V Oh jesus gimme
Deus Ex Trailer pls

Last edited:
I hope we can all sweep Ubisoft and EA under the embarrasment rug like every year. Not sure why they're invited...oh yeah! Money.

It really pisses me off because we see both companies show up in Microsoft and Sony's conference again revealing the same things they do at their own conference. I didn't appreciate sitting through minutes of a CGI Assassins Creed trailer with no gameplay just to get the same exact thing a few hour later at Sony's conference with still no gameplay. This is an AAA game apparently, ladies and gentlemen.

(i really don't get why a company still tries to market their game through cgi and not gameplay. it's just the telling sign that your trying to sell me on the premise and idea of the game, not the actual game itself. im seeing this a lot with call of dooty and other so called aaa games where the idea is tired and the same, but there's still money available to be grabbed from the casuals. the reason fallout 4 still has me blown away is because i saw /all/ gameplay, not a cgi trailer put together to "wow" me. brutally honest to the fans with what it shows, and i love it.)

Let's just be thankful Activision is smart enough to /not/ host a conference like EA and Ubisoft. Call of Dooty for an hour is when you know this event needs to be more exclusive.

It really pisses me off because we see both companies show up in Microsoft and Sony's conference again revealing the same things they do at their own conference. I didn't appreciate sitting through minutes of a CGI Assassins Creed trailer with no gameplay just to get the same exact thing a few hour later at Sony's conference with still no gameplay. This is an AAA game apparently, ladies and gentlemen.

(i really don't get why a company still tries to market their game through cgi and not gameplay. it's just the telling sign that your trying to sell me on the premise and idea of the game, not the actual game itself. im seeing this a lot with call of dooty and other so called aaa games where the idea is tired and the same, but there's still money available to be grabbed from the casuals. the reason fallout 4 still has me blown away is because i saw /all/ gameplay, not a cgi trailer put together to "wow" me. brutally honest to the fans with what it shows, and i love it.)

Let's just be thankful Activision is smart enough to /not/ host a conference like EA and Ubisoft. Call of Dooty for an hour is when you know this event needs to be more exclusive.

E3 is about show, nothing more, that's why it isn't restricted and that's why I like Nintendo's new approach with digital events.
About Ubisoft, it's the same every year, why would it change? AC is now merely a wh*re and I didn't even bothered to watch their presentation. After seeing the CGI and the gameplay trailer, I don't know how can people still have faith in something new and fresh from AC. The streets are almost empty of people but not carriages (hell, it seems Ford had some ancestor in England!), Templars still use their symbol in the middle of the public (so much for De Molay's death), Frye throws innocent people out of their carriages, Frye recruits bandits and hooligans. There's no history or meaning behind Assassin's and Templars. Just like in BF it looked more like we were pirates, now we're more bandits than Assassins.
People say that games have been in development for X years and while that may be true, they start that time ago but with few difference between the start of other AC, so even if they have this time, they still share the same base that's repeated and when it comes out after some time and without hearing the players, the games feel the same.

For the next week or so we'l be hearing how Sony won the show but the fact is that Sony failed miserably at trying to have Shenmue as their exclusive. I'm betting they've tried but the producer didn't wanted and so Sony used to at least say that the Kickstarter was unveiled at their presentation. That's why SOny isn't throwing any money at it! What's worse is that the produter ended up going there when it's launching a Kickstarter! IGA's project and now this show even more how hypocrites the companies can be.

Now that all three major events ended, I'm sad. Nintendo because it was a disappointment, Sony because of what I said and Microsoft because it made something important with the retrocompatibility, it's something that companies should be doing from the start. Now Microsoft can run the games without a new model? Then why wasn't it made back then?, because it's more profitable and dishonest to just charge for remasters and digital copies in their respective digital stores.

About MGSV and ME. ME was only good in the video's final moments because seeing action, concept art while hearing country music is just awful.
MGSV...just depressive! The video probably is a reflection on how Kojima is feeling but that trailer...whoa!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo's Digital Event was all right, there was some interesting stuff there but no megaton announcements. Not having Zelda U in this lineup really stings. B-

Nintendo had the chance to really blow us out of the water, but everything we got was just information we already had or some of didn't care about. I don't know how long they've been trying to sell us the idea of Mario Maker and Wolly Yoshi, but it's seemed like almost three years at this point. The removal of Zelda Wii U this year really killed Nintendo's chance at having a good 2015. 6/10

where were you when metroid died people ;-;

Nintendo was very underwhelming. No big announcements, and the games that they did talk about weren't all that interesting to me.

The FE trailer was enough to keep me happy. No firm release date, but a lot of localization shown in the trailer, along with some new stuff that hasn't even been in the Japanese media yet. The English voice acting work is also pretty good; I still prefer the Japanese voices, but I feel like the VA work improves with each game. It was nice to get a bit more of a glimpse at SMTxFE, too. I didn't really care for much of the other stuff, honestly, except Yoshi but that's more minor and we didn't really get anything new anyway. The 3DS Zelda looks cute, but 3 players is a really awkward number, and it looks like that if there even is support for a 2-player co-op, husband and I would have to buy two separate games just to play with each other, so I'll pass on that.

That was...terrible.

It was like we got a "lite" version of everything fans wanted--the Metroid isn't REALLY Metroid, the new Zelda looked alright but nothing huge, we got a RPG/Paper Mario crossover instead of a console Paper Mario (it still looked awesome but you get my point), and then we just heard a bunch of stuff we already knew. Ugh. I'm hoping they simply got caught up in other stuff and didn't prepare enough for this and will add more big announcements in a Direct within a few months. As of now, this isn't looking like a good year for Nintendo.

The best news we got from Nintendo is that Krystal has probably been removed from Star Fox for good. Thank you based Miyamoto. : )

Back