DylanTheVillain's T16 Philly Regionals Report(Masters)

DylanTheVillain

Just Chillin
Spring Regionals 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Playing CMT

So I wake up around 9 am Friday and soon after Sam shows up. We get a few practice games in. I have some breakfast and soon after, Mr. Mickey and Michael show up. Now we just need to wait for Jordan. Jordan shows up about 10 minutes later and we head for Philly. We hit some traffic on the way there, but we still made pretty good time. We did some 4 way battles while we sat in traffic. We finally show up at the hotel around 3. We try to check in, but our rooms were not ready yet. We tested in the lobby for about 2 hours. We all decided we were hungry so we went to go find somewhere to get lunch. We all decided we wanted Chic Fil A. We got directions there and when we got there, it was gone. Apparently it closed down recently, so we had to settle for Checkers. We get back to the hotel around 7. We test for another 2 hours and then decide we want to hold a tournament between the 5 of us. So we get the tournament organizer program up and we have 3 rounds with no top cut and best 2/3 rounds. So:

Round 1: Jordan P. w/ Reshiphlosion w/ 2 Regigigas EX tech.

Game 1:
I start really bad and draw dead throughout the whole game and lose.
0-1

Game 2:
I run really hot and kill Cindaquils early.
1-1

Game 3:
Same as game 2.
2-1

1-0

Round 2: Michael C. w/ CMT Mirror

Game 1:
I draw dead.

0-1

Game 2:
I sweep with Regigigas.

1-1

Game 3:
This one was close, but in the end, he shaymin’ed and got 7 energies to kill my Gigas that had eviolite and three energies for the game.

1-1

Round 3: Mickey C. w/ Durant

Game 1:
I start Gigas, Grass, DCE, Celebi, Skyarrow, Switch to his Durant and Rotom. I draw everything I need when I need it and win.
1-0

Game 2:
I start really slow and he devours me.
1-1

Game 3:
I start very similar to game 1 and win.
2-1

So the standings looked like this:
1. Jordan 2-1
2. Dylan 2-1
3. Michael 2-1
4. Mickey 2-1
5. Sam 1-2

So Jordan won our fun tournament. I only lost by 5% Oppo Oppo win %. So I was feeling confident in my list and was ready to go for the next day. I wrote up my deck list and got to bed around 12:30.

Here’s my list:

Pokémon: 11
4 Celebi
2 Mewtwo
2 Gigas
2 Tornadus
1 Shaymin UL

T/S/S: 36
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Oak
4 Junk arm
4 Catcher
4 Switch
4 Dual ball
2 Pluspower
2 Eviolite
2 Skyarrow Bridge
2 Pokegear
1 Super rod

Energy: 13
9 Grass
4 DCE

So we show up to the convention center around 7:45 am and see some friends. We get seated for the player meeting around 8:45. They announce that we have 250 Masters with 8 Rounds of Swiss.

Round 1: ??? w/ Kyurem/Gatr

He told me when the round started that he was only here for the Video game tournament and borrowed a deck from his friend. I rolled him with Gigas.

1-0

Round 2: ??? w/ CMT

This one was pretty close, but in the end, Gigas took the game for me.

2-0

Round 3: Michael P. w/ Zekeels

I was rolling him with Gigas, and finally he hit me for 60 with Thundurus. I thought nothing of it and took my third prize with Gigas. He proceeds to play Zekrom EX with a DCE and double Dynamotor to it and KO my Gigas. I really had nothing to respond to this with since my other gigas was prized.

2-1

Round 4: Darrell Moreno w/ Zekeels

This one was very close, but all I can remember was in the end, it was one to one, and the only supporter I had was N. He had a Mewtwo active that had just taken a kill on mine, and I had a Gigas on the bench with 3 energies. I checked my discard and saw no catchers, no junk arms and no pluspowers left. I thought it was over. I N and get a dual ball. I use it and get double heads and see Shaymin in the deck. I get Mewtwo and shaymin and get the win. GG

3-1

Round 5: Geoffrey Sauk w/ Yanmega/Terrakion

This one came down to the wire as well. In the end, it was 3-1 his favor, and I had a Mewtwo with a DCE ready to take a kill on his Mewtwo. I use N and take the kill to make the prize count 1-1. I shuffle his deck well and he cuts it. All he needs is energy or Pluspower for the win, and he cuts himself into a RH Pluspower. GG.

3-2

Round 6: ??? w/ CMT mirror

I don't really remember anything about this game, just that it was CMT mirror and I won.

4-2

Round 7: Javier Sanyer w/ Lilligant

I start really hot to his bad start. I take 3 prizes before he is able to establish the lock. In the end, he would have been able to lock me and take the win with kingdra and the correct math, but due to lack of sleep, he did the math incorrect twice, allowing me to take 2 extra prizes, and the last was taken due to him getting double tails on Bemusing Aroma. GG

5-2

Round 8: ??? w/ Durant

It takes me a few turns to get a Skyarrow and Gigas in play, as well as him taking a few turns to get his ants in play. In the end, I had 1 Prize, 5 cards in my deck, a Gigas ready to kill him, no skyarrow in play, and he had 4 ants out. He catchers my Celebi and devours for 4. He hits the last energy in my deck, but when I flip over the last card in my deck, its Switch!!!! I switch out and Giga Power for KO. Great Game

6-2

So at this point I’m pretty sure I’ll be in for Top 32. I end up 13th and find out I’m playing Mike Allan in Top 32.

Top 32: Mike Allan w/ CMT mirror

Game 1:
We both get going pretty well, and Gigas was doing his usual job to take down all of his opponents for me. However, attacks my eviolited Gigas twice with a Tornadus to put it to 120. I proceed to attach a grass and catcher his powered up mewtwo and take a Raging Hammer KO. After this happens, its pretty much over.

1-0

Game 2:
He starts pretty well, and I get horrible setup. I draw passed for at least 5 turns in a row. In the end, it was 2-2 prizes, I have 1 mewtwo out and he has a Mewtwo with a DCE on the bench. He N’ed me to 2, and I get nothing…. Top deck… Junk arm. I use it to get Pokegear, and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6… nothing, 7, JUNIPER!!! I use the Juniper and get DCE, catcher and plus power for the game. GG

2-0

So I finally make it past my first round of Top Cut Regionals ever! I hand in my deck to the judge and Im told to be back at 9 am on Sunday for Top 16.

Top 16: Gregory Silverman w/ Zekeels

Game 1:
I setup very poorly, and he gets going pretty quickly. Once the prize count gets to about 2-6 his favor, I just scoop to preserve time.

0-1

Game 2:
I setup pretty well, rolling with Gigas early. He finally gets the kill on my Gigas with Mewtwo. I use dual ball to get the return kill on his Mewtwo, and BOTH OF MY MEWTWO’S ARE PRIZED!!! Really?? At this point I know it’s over, but I try my best anyway. In the end, I get a Raging Hammer kill on his Mewtwo to go to one Prize after an N. However, I was unfortunate enough to get a Juniper off the prize which he Portraits and gets a Catcher for the game.

0-2.

So I’m out, but I had a pretty good run. I got 13th place, earning me 3 CP and 18 Packs of Nd. All I pulled was a Kyurem EX.

Props:
T16
Seeing friends
Fun weekend
Great road trip
My mom winning an EP box from the vendor’s dice game

Slops:
Not going past T16
Bad pulls out of packs
TheFleeee losing in T32.
Jordan and Sam missing cut
Jordan and Sam losing and dropping from VGC
Michael making 12th in Juniors, missing cut.
Gliscor for dropping
SWD for not being able to make it : (

Thanks for reading!

Nice job and lol at your mom winning an EP box.

Did you skip school Friday?

Lucky you had spring break so late! :(

Congrats on top 16 and sorry I couldn't make it, too much family matters.

Shadowwiidragon said:
Lucky you had spring break so late! :(

Congrats on top 16 and sorry I couldn't make it, too much family matters.

Yeah, I know right, that or around States is a good break time.

You should have given SWD a ride. At the event Futa swore he saw you SWD...

LOL I was joking around with everyone on Twitter. XD

Even with the ride I couldn't go, my grandpa was in the hospital and my mom was yelling at me saying not to abandon him to go to regionals...

Yeah, sorry you couldn't come SWD. We all missed you, although you had everyone going on Twitter there for a while LOL!

Too bad you had to beat my friend Mike in top 32. Do you know by chance if Kim made it in?

Also, congrats on Cutting. I couldn't even go. :/

Back