• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

DuskGar or Tankgrowth (Any) For Regionals

Which deck is better and why (Post changes you think are necessary)

• Total voters

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)
I scrapped the Regigigas deck I was making to play deck's I acctually know how to play. However I need a choice as to which deck fits the bill more.

Duskgar

3-3-3-1 Gengar (1 SF 2 Cursegar and Ghastly and Haunter are from TR)
2-2-2-1 Dusknoir X (all SF)
1-1 Bronzong MD
3 Spiritomb LA
1 Azelf

T/S/S
2 SSU
2 Pokemon Rescue
1 Luxury Ball
2 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
2 BTS
2 Proffesor Elms Training Method
3 Bebes Search
3 PONT
3 Professor Oaks Visit
2 Rare Candy

Energy:
8{P}
2 Rescue
2 Cyclone

Strategy: Set up Dusknoir X, hav him get knocked out, send up Bronzong and Spiritomb to continue the spread, then make a Gengar Tag Team match w/ Compound Pain. Cursegar to move counters around for easy knocks.

Tankgrowth

3-3-1 Tangrowth X (All COL)
1-1 Shaymin X (Land Forme)
1-1 Metapod HGSS
2-2 Sunflora HGSS
1 Uxie
1-1 Vespiquen UD
1 Azelf

T/S/S
3 Bebes Search
1 Palmers Contribution
1 VS Seeker
2 SSU
3 Expert Belt
2 Proffesor Oaks Visit
3 Pokemon Communication
3 PONT
3 Interveiwers Questions

Energy
14 {G}
4 DCE
3 Rescue

Strategy: Set up Tangrowth fast and Tank my way through the lines. Grind is the only attack worth using really. DCE to speed up the damage total.

I vote for Duskgar. I have one and it works great. One glaring change is the deletion of PETM. You have both PETM and Bebe's. Choose one and get rid of the other. I suggest Bebe's till it gets rotated out. Also, POV is probably overkill with you being able to Shadow Command every turn and such.
A matter of personal choice, but I'd:
-1-1-1 Gengar
+1-1-1 Dusknoir
Keep in mind that Dusky is your draw power. I run 3-3-3-1 Dusknoir in mine and a 2-2-2-1 Gengar. Although I may change it, I like having 3 Dusknoirs for maximum draw power. It's also awesome because Shadow Command clears your hand of trainers to protect against mirror, and enemy Vilegars.

What do you suggest I take out for the PETM?

I like having only a 2-2-2-1 because I can always get Dusky back on the field to continue Shadow Comand, so thats not an issue. I have 2 Cursegar to continue the spread even faster. Also I dont have another Dusky line :p. I dont know what would be better in place of the PETM though. Suggestions?

In place of PETM you could add 1 BTS and 1 Collector, both to speed you up and to give you consistency.

Back