• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dusk Mane Necrozma/Magnezone

PokémonTCG_Trainer

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Pokebeach!!! Dusk Mane Necrozma didn't really work well when it first came out in Ultra Prism. However, now that the meta has slowed down a bit, this deck has lots of potential.

Pokemon (13)
4x Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX
3x Magnemite
3x Magnezone
2x Tapu Lele-GX
1x Shining Lugia

Trainers (34)
4x Cynthia
2x Volkner
2x Fisherman
2x Lillie
3x Guzma
4X Ultra Ball
4x Rare Candy
3x Energy Retrieval
3x Beast Ring
3x Nest Ball
4x Mt. Coronet

Energy (13)
12x Metal
1x Beast Energy Prism Star

So you just want to set up Magnezone Turn 2 so you can attach unlimited energy and try to hit 210 each turn (240 w/ Beast Energy).

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, I'm newbie so I'm just trying to say something.
It's strange to see this kind of deck without ribombee now, it seems like it is the only viable way to play it. But if you do not want to use ribombee, I think you need some way to get energies from the deck to your hand. I can think about Lady and Oricorio. With Mysterious Treasure you can get Lele, and so Lady, and Oricorio too. Once you get 4 energies, you can cycle them with Coronet and Retrieval.

Mario W

Aspiring Trainer
I would consider swapping out singing lugia for Solgaleo prism star. EXCELLENT energy accel, more hp, hits for more dmg.

Other than that, list looks really solid. If you wanna spice things up, find a way to tech in 1 Zerora GX and 1 lighting energy. Let's you search it with Volkner, attach for free retreat.

Just a rogue idea. Very nice build, though!

TorchHG

Aspiring Trainer
So, this is definitely a good build to start with and covers a lot of bases.

The first thing I note is that there is a lot more energy retrieval than what's necessary. Running such a high count of Energy Retrieval and Fisherman means that Mt. Coronet isn't as necessary. So, depending on what you value (non-item based energy retrieval to avoid Garbodor or the flexibility of Energy Retrieval), you can cut down either. This allows you the room you need for 2 more Lillie.

Beast Ring is a powerful item, but note that it's use is mid-game and works best to help reach for energy that you cannot draw into, as well as saving bench space (not having to run Ribombee). You could potentially just add more draw supporter (Maybe Tate and Liza or Sightseer) to try and draw more energy initially, but again, this depends on the priorities you place on your deck building.

The big thing overall I see with this deck list is that there are spaces where you can optimize card counts (taking Dusk Mane Necrozma GX down to 3 from 4) to make room for some other generally useful cards (Rescue Stretcher) that might also help you in certain matchups. Other examples of cards for matchups would be including Choice Band to combat Metagross GX, More Shining Lugia for Buzzwole Shrine, changing counts of Energy Retrieval and Beast Ring to make Garbodor matchups better, etc.

If you'd like me to do a full run down of matchups and considering what kinds of cards to run for them / how you want to tweak your deck, I'd be happy to list those all out. I've had a fair bit of playtime with this archetype as I've been running variations on it since February and brought it to several tournaments. Definitely been my favorite deck to play for a long while.

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Dusk mane definitely works now, been having some success with it myself too. Although I'd suggest giving Heatran a try, great option against decks using Buzzwole, Dhelmise and Deoxys.

Kentogx1

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I also run a very similar deck to this and it seems to be alright. I am fairly new to pokemon as i have only been playing for about 6 months. But i started out with a malamar/ ultra necrozma deck and transferred over to the dusk mane/ magnezone deck and i really love how it plays.

dangs91

Aspiring Trainer
I really like this deck. Not as inconsistent as it seems. Try using heatran instead of shining lugia.

In my tests, I do not feel much the absence of Ribombee. Lady is much more powerful.

sylvarina

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing Dusk Mane Magnezone for a long time. I've always loved the deck and always make changes to it every time a set comes out. I originally had a 2-2 Ribombee line much like the Melbourne SPE list but cut down to 1-1 after I played against Buzzwole twice at a cup, you just can't bench Cutiefly in that matchup and therefore become dead cards in your deck. Not much changes with the release of Lost Thunder. The latest addition to the deck is Dialga, which is a 130HP non-GX that can hit 130 to deal with shrine decks, and also gives you the option of doing 60 and devolving an evolved Pokemon. Depending on how big Blacephalon might be I don't know if the deck will be top tier.

3 Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX
3 Magnemite (UPR) (Solid Unit)
3 Magnezone
2 Tapu Lele-GX
1 Cutiefly (BUS)
1 Ribombee
1 Dialga
1 Dialga-GX (FLI)

4 Cynthia
4 Lillie
3 Guzma
2 Steven's Resolve