• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dusk Mane Necrozma + Magnezone

RileyTheRad

Awkward PokeTuber
Hi all! Trying to theory craft for DM Necrozma (probably like a lot of you), and I'm looking for feedback on the list.

What are your thoughts?

Pokémon [14]
3 Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
1 Solgaleo Prism Star
3-2-3 Magnezone
2 Tapu Lele

Trainers [36]
4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
2 Choice Band
2 Float Stone
2 Field Blower
2 Professor’s Letter
1 Rescue Stretcher
4 Cynthia
2 Professor Sycamore
2 N
3 Guzma
2 Brigette
2 Skyla
1 Acerola
3 Mt Coronet

Energy [10]
10 Metal Energy

Basic Premise:
The idea of the deck is pretty simple--quickly charge up DMN's 220 attack for big OHKOs. Magnezone allows you to attach as many energy from your hand as you need per turn, to counter the issue of the attack's energy cost and discarding. After the first attack (or Ultra Balling a couple energies into the discard), Mt Coronet nets you 2 attaches per turn from the discard, while Professor's Letter can also fish them out of the deck.

Challenges:
Getting Magnezone into play on turn 2 is super important, otherwise the deck is just going to be too slow, which is the reason for the 4 candies and the Skyla. I'm worried that getting Magnezone out turn 2 is probably the biggest challenge of the deck. :(
Max Elixer is sort of the backup plan for this, and I have also considered Mew or baby Rayquaza (hey Nick?).

Other Considerations:
Maybe there is potential for a rogue 1-1 or 2-2 line of Ribombee, which lets you search your deck for 2 basic energies (per Ribombee)? I also like the idea of Bastiodon, but it just seems way too clunky. I am also thinking of tossing in some Order Pads--with luck, they could really help increase the consistency of turn 2 Magnezone, but I just don't know what I would cut.

Let me know your thoughts! <3

Last edited:
Hi all! Trying to theory craft for DM Necrozma (probably like a lot of you), and I'm looking for feedback on the list.

What are your thoughts?

Pokémon [14]
3 Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
1 Solgaleo Prism Star
3-2-3 Magnezone
2 Tapu Lele

Trainers [36]
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixer
4 Rare Candy
2 Float Stone
2 Field Blower
2 Professor’s Letter
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Cynthia
2 Professor Sycamore
2 N
3 Guzma
2 Brigette
1 Skyla
1 Acerola
3 Mt Coronet

Energy [10]
10 Metal Energy

Basic Premise:
The idea of the deck is pretty simple--quickly charge up DMN's 220 attack for big OHKOs. Magnezone allows you to attach as many energy from your hand as you need per turn, to counter the issue of the attack's energy cost and discarding. After the first attack (or Ultra Balling a couple energies into the discard), Mt Coronet nets you 2 attaches per turn from the discard, while Professor's Letter can also fish them out of the deck.

Challenges:
Getting Magnezone into play on turn 2 is super important, otherwise the deck is just going to be too slow, which is the reason for the 4 candies and the Skyla. I'm worried that getting Magnezone out turn 2 is probably the biggest challenge of the deck. :(
Max Elixer is sort of the backup plan for this, and I have also considered Mew or baby Rayquaza (hey Nick?).

Other Considerations:
Maybe there is potential for a rogue 1-1 or 2-2 line of Ribombee, which lets you search your deck for 2 basic energies (per Ribombee)? I also like the idea of Bastiodon, but it just seems way too clunky. I am also thinking of tossing in some Order Pads--with luck, they could really help increase the consistency of turn 2 Magnezone, but I just don't know what I would cut.

Let me know your thoughts! <3

I love the idea, I like decks that can burst your oponents with a big attack and this deck is all about that.
The Idea is simple and it can 1 shot almost everything (It can't 1 shot Vikavolt GX which doesn't seems like a problem at all) in the meta with a choice band but it has the same problem as Solgaleo GX, it runs out of gas and some decks can simply use no GX attackers to make you waste your resources.
This deck has no draw engine, it seems to be prone to getting stuck late game due to the little amount of draw support.
Finally Mt coronet and prism Solgaleo are your only way of getting energies back, a smart opponent will aim to get rid of your stadium so getting a Prism Solgaleo running should be a priority on this deck.

My only recomendation is to get rid of the max elixirs (-4) and one Brigette (-1) to add more draw 4 Cynthia (+1), 4 Sycamore (+2), and 2 choice band (+2).

Back