• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dusk Mane Necrozma Advice

H&N

Aspiring Trainer
I am playing this deck in Standard Tournaments - no Tapu Lele's (too much money, I can't afford them) and I would like some suggestions to give it a bit more oomph (again, without adding lele's):

3 dusk mane necrozma
3 magnamite
1 magnaton
3 magnazone
1 mew
1 oranguru
1 solgaleo

4 cynthia
3 n
3 professor sycamore
2 skyla
2 guzma
1 brigette
4 ultra balls
3 field blower
3 mt coronet
3 rare candy
2 fighting fury belt
2 professors letters
2 energy retrieval
2 choice band
1 float stone
1 rescue stretcher

9 metal energy

For now, an updated list - going to test at some tournaments, but more suggestions are welcome!

3 dusk mane necrozma
3 magnamite
1 magnaton
3 magnazone
1 mew
1 oranguru
1 solgaleo

4 cynthia
3 n
3 professor sycamore
2 skyla
2 guzma
1 brigette
4 ultra balls
3 field blower
3 mt coronet
3 rare candy
1 fighting fury belt
2 professors letters
2 energy retrieval
2 choice band
2 float stone
1 rescue stretcher

9 metal energy

I don't really understand why there need to be more powerful Pokémon. While playing Magnezone, I expect the Dusk Mane Necrozma's to be the Dusk Mane Necrozma GX cards, right? So you have quite powerful Pokémon.

Also, you shouldn't include Psychic energy. You should however up your energy count, I like to play at least 10, but if possible 11 energies. One of the weaknesses of this deck I struggled with during a League cup, is to get energies in the discard, to get your energy flow rolling (with Mt. Coronet).

Giving that you don't have Lele, I think you should play more Brigette or none. Playing one copy means you will likely not find it the first turn. In that case, playing a high count of draw supporters (you play 10, should be fine I guess) combined with playing some nest balls would be better I guess.

I think of the following suggestions:
- 1 Brigette
+ 2 Nest Ball
- 1 Choice band (1 should be enough, you are already hitting 220 or 250 with GX, with a FFB 230)
- 1 Float stone
+ 2 Metal energy
- 1 Energy retrieval (you should be able to get them with Mt Coronet most of the time)

Just to add: you have to realize that Dusk Mane / Magnezone isn't the most consistent deck already. So if you don't have any Lele, it will even be more inconsistent (like every other deck without Lele). So, given that you don't have Lele, maybe another deck would be more consistent for you. It is quite fun to play though, hitting 220 every turn if set up is quite insane...!

Just to add: you have to realize that Dusk Mane / Magnezone isn't the most consistent deck already. So if you don't have any Lele, it will even be more inconsistent (like every other deck without Lele). So, given that you don't have Lele, maybe another deck would be more consistent for you. It is quite fun to play though, hitting 220 every turn if set up is quite insane...!
To add to this, another option could be Dusk Mane with Max Elixirs. Other than the Elixirs, the deck is relatively cheap and runs smoothly without Lele as much as any deck can. Mainly because the deck plays Nest Balls, heavy supporters and 15 basic Energy. If you have the Elixirs, just remind me to give you the list. Seriously, remind me or I will forget.

Jess is correct. The deck overall is quite dependent in lele to get skyla and such cards. If anything, you should run octillery. An oranguru would have be fine if you had the lele, but you need as much draw support as you can without lele. Sylveon and greninja are quite good decks that are a bit simple and fun too, that don't even need lele!

Back