• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

DurantDurant Mill

mawliekid

Like A Boss
Poke
4 Durant
3-3 Weavile
2 Rotom

TSS
4 Collector
3 Dual Ball
3 Junk Arm
4 Eviolite
3 Defender
1 IQ
3 Seeker
2 Alph Lithograph 4
3 Victory Medal
4 Twins
2 Switch
2 Juniper
3 Revive

Energy
4 Sp. Metal
7 Metal

Obvious Strategy is Obvious. Set up 4 Durant, and Mill the opponent to all hell. The Weavile are to help cripple my opponent to help me last longer. The Rotom + Alph 4 are in case I have a Durant prized. Victory Medal (if I can get three) is for Rotom + Alph 4, so when I switch the top card, I can grab Durant and play him

This list looks pretty good, but you definitely need more draw/refresh Supporters:

-2 DCE (This shouldn't be needed at all, you should be using Devour when you're attacking)
-2 Seeker (Weavile is nice, but there are better uses for Supporters. Also, Seeker can help your opponent in some scenarios, too).
-1 IQ (not that I don't like the card, but with 11 energy and 4 Twins, you shouldn't be having too much of a problem getting energy out).
+3 Revive (You honestly do need your Durant back. 4 might even be a good idea, or some Rescue Energy, and dropping the last IQ, a Metal Energy, or a Switch)

Go with some draw cards over 3 Victory Medal.

Apart from that, the 5 cards I would add would be some mix of Juniper/Sage's Training/PONT/Copycat. I'd lean toward a 3/2 Sage's/PONT split, but I haven't tested it too much here, and a lot of it is just personal preference (although Juniper could also be very useful, seeing as you wouldn't have to worry about discarding any Durant, where you can just bench them immediately).

Good luck with this deck, it should be a really fun play (even if it is terrible in Cut).

Yeah, I went and played a game, then realized I forgot recovery cards

I dunno about seeker though, i might take one out, but I like four so that I can maximize the use of Weavile, or it just becomes a bench sitter after a while.

I like victory medal though, I think its a really good card. So i'll keep it in there, but i will add some draw cards as well.

just changed the deck up. Its amazing, but with Special Metal and Eviolite (And the occasional Defender) Durant can Tank like a beast. Btwm what are your thoughts on Max Potion? Considering Devour is a 1 Energy attack, it's pretty useful, but the one energy I get rid of is a special that helps protect me, so I dunno

mawliekid said:
Yeah, I went and played a game, then realized I forgot recovery cards

I dunno about seeker though, i might take one out, but I like four so that I can maximize the use of Weavile, or it just becomes a bench sitter after a while.

I like victory medal though, I think its a really good card. So i'll keep it in there, but i will add some draw cards as well.

just changed the deck up. Its amazing, but with Special Metal and Eviolite (And the occasional Defender) Durant can Tank like a beast. Btwm what are your thoughts on Max Potion? Considering Devour is a 1 Energy attack, it's pretty useful, but the one energy I get rid of is a special that helps protect me, so I dunno
With Special Metal(s), Eviolite, the occasional defender and low HP Max Potion has no point. Just use regular potions.

Maybe throw in Team Rocket for more draw power while tossing the opponent's hand. Considering you are destroying their deck might as well get rid of some cards they draw as well.

Could also try Slowking from HGSS. He can look at the top 3 cards of your opponents deck so you can mill their key cards faster.

Stuart Hayden said:
Could also try Slowking from HGSS. He can look at the top 3 cards of your opponent so you can mill key cards faster.

Unless you only mill 1-2 cards a turn, which shouldn't ever be the case for Durant to work, putting the cards in any order doesn't matter as they all will be discarded anyways. Slowking will just take up deck space.

I also prefer PONT to Juniper but both are useful, or consider using N, since you are always going to be at 6 prizes you can take advantage of hand disrupting your opponent (unfortunately their cards go back into their deck, so more cards you have to mill to win)

Materious17 said:
Unless you only mill 1-2 cards a turn, which shouldn't ever be the case for Durant to work, putting the cards in any order doesn't matter as they all will be discarded anyways. Slowking will just take up deck space.

I also prefer PONT to Juniper but both are useful, or consider using N, since you are always going to be at 6 prizes you can take advantage of hand disrupting your opponent (unfortunately their cards go back into their deck, so more cards you have to mill to win)

Ah, yeah. Good point.

Back