JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Dunsparce and a Skate Park stadium will be featured in S8 Fusion Arts, which will be released on September 24th! Thanks goes to Bangiras for translations!
Dunsparce – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Wonder Burrow
Each player’s [C] Pokemon in play has no Weakness.
[C][C] Rollout: 30 damage.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Skate Park – Trainer
Stadium
Whenever a player’s Active Pokemon retreats, that player puts any Basic Energy used to pay that Retreat Cost into their hand instead of the discard pile.
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Continue reading...

bomboy2121

blaziken gx is meta
this dunsparce could be a great option in our urshifu full meta.
the only deck coming to mind that has a chance is blissy v, but sadlly the lack of discard options in standard is a problem.
if we ever get a good colorless pokemon then im sure this dunspurce will see play

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Skate Park is pretty radical, but also quite mediocre. 90% of the time you're not paying the retreat cost.
If it was something like "move the Energy from the retreating Pokemon to the new Active Pokemon instead of discarding it", then I'd consider it much more interesting.

Nyora

A Cat
wait how? Was Boltund VMAX revealed?
It's the fact it wasn't revealed alongside Boltund V that made me think this. Typically, VMAXes are revealed right alongside their Vs. This Dunsparce would also be a lot better in a format where L or F Pokemon are good, of which Boltund VMAX will be L, so it kinda seems like it may be printed to help counter it. I'll go crazy if the card isn't at least A tier.

KaiserRega

Aspiring Trainer
this dunsparce could be a great option in our urshifu full meta.
the only deck coming to mind that has a chance is blissy v, but sadlly the lack of discard options in standard is a problem.
if we ever get a good colorless pokemon then im sure this dunspurce will see play
It's not Urshifu that Blissey should be worried about. Leafeon takes clean knock outs on it without much set up. Just a Galar Mine and Blissey takes a fat 360 damage.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Skate Park has such cool artwork. Very nice art style. God, I'm so glad they got their shit together and stopped making Stadiums with that cheap, cringe-inducing CGI that plagued the Sun & Moon era.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Skate Park is really useful with decks that play energy en masse from hand like Frosmoth/Blastoise, Emboar, Magnezone etc.

Not bad at all!
Skate Park doesn't synergize as well with Frosmoth as it does with the other Rain Dancers. As you are limited to accelerating energies to your bench, you can't charge up a fresh attacker with the energy from the old active pokémon. You don't get the energy until you've retreated the old active, but then you can't accelerate to the new active pokémon.

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
Skate Park doesn't synergize as well with Frosmoth as it does with the other Rain Dancers. As you are limited to accelerating energies to your bench, you can't charge up a fresh attacker with the energy from the old active pokémon. You don't get the energy until you've retreated the old active, but then you can't accelerate to the new active pokémon.
True, but it's still very useful with Frosmoth. You can in essence free retreat now. And that means you can also max potion to heal too (in expanded). You just retreat and put the energy to hand (and heal if you want after), and then attach the energy back on that Pokemon.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Mark my words, folks. This Dunsparce is incredible and will define the meta for years to come.

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
Super happy about that Dunsparce - absolute lifesaver for my Togekiss decks, espc at League where we've got a bunch of lightning deck players. Losing weakness guard energy really hurt it.
Great card for cubes, too!