• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Dual Magnezone / Pikachu EX

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
Pokémon: 17
  • 2 Exeggcute (PLF 4)
  • 2 Magnezone (BKT 54)
  • 1 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)
  • 1 Magnezone (PLS 46)
  • 4 Raikou (BKT 55)
  • 2 Magneton (BKT 53)
  • 2 Pikachu-EX (XYP 84)
  • 3 Magnemite (BKT 51)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Fisherman
  • 3 Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Colress
Energy: 10
  • 10 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

Yeah, so this is disgustingly fun.
Imagine the possibilities: Xerosic that tool off of Garbodor, then play Fisherman and electri-fry that Seismitoad. Juniper to find that Superior Energy Retrieval, then Lysandre that Mega. Going to add maybe a Jolteon EX. Pikachu really knocks out a lot of stuff with Muscle Band, but it's very convenient to use 4 energy at a time and when you can play more support it's easy to find one more to make sure that Mega goes down in one shot. If you can get Plasma Magnezone up, getting BKT Mags going seems so desperately easy, how could you fail when you can Shaymin drop and then Juniper twice. . . it's gross when it works.
Going to try a Clemont in here too, when I can.

Last edited:
Seeing as how you have no Stadium, I think Tropical Beach as a 2-of could work well because of having to wait (at least) a turn to get Magnezone into play.

I'm thinking a stadium discarding card might work also. Tropical Beach would be awesome. . . . but. Anyways, I can test that. Thinking cutting back on Raikou maybe 1, including a Brigette.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 20

2 Exeggcute PLF 4
3 Magnemite BKT 51
2 Magneton PLS 44
2 Magnezone BKT 54
2 Magnezone PLS 46
2 Pikachu-EX PR-XY XY84
3 Raikou BKT 55
2 Remoraid BKT 32
2 Octillery BKT 33

Trainer Cards - 30

1 Computer Search BCR 137
3 Professor Juniper PLF 116
1 Clemont GEN 59
3 Rare Candy PRC 135
2 N DEX 96
1 Iris PLB 101
1 Skyla BCR 149
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Teammates PRC 160
3 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 Brigette BKT 161
2 Fisherman HS 92
2 Lysandre FLF 104
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
3 Superior Energy Retrieval PLF 103

Energy - 10

10 Lightning Energy Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

this is the list I have been running for awhile clement is aimed for early after that it is useless as fisherman is more useful. Bridgette is big in this list and octillery is more consistent from my testing than shaymin as you need the draw late game more than early.

Looks pretty awesome, thanks for sharing.
Brigette and Skyla were both overlooked in my own list for sure, especially since with Dual Brains you could search the supporter you need with Skyla and still play it. Pretty potent mechanic. I really like having the +1 Battle Compressor and +1 VS Seeker for early game. The one Shaymin is pretty awesome when you need it too, not necessarily on turn 1 and it takes up so little space, but it is 'permanent' since I don't currently run AZ, Cassius or Scoop Up. . . kind of bad. Definitely more of a liability than Octillery.
How do you deal with Pikachu starts? It's almost as bad as a Shaymin start IMO, that's why I've maxed out on Raikou. I always ran Remoraid BKT 31 for the 'retreat' attack, but Ion Pool might be that much better seeing as how neither of our lists run a stadium. Rough Seas just seems asinine when everything is so delicate (basically).
Would be better if I could get my hands on that 2nd Plasma Magnezone. . .
I love having tons of N, I want one on turn 1 most games. . . Brigette would be best turn 1 though, every game.
Octillery does work wonders if you can get it into play fast enough. . . no Level Ball?

I prefer to attack with Pikachu and most games have 1-2 octilery benched as well as both magnezone. I see raikou as an only use for weakness attacker and can consistently attack with Pikachu all game normally. I think I will sub 1 jolteon in for one of the raikou.

I just like having Raikou to buy me the time to evolve Magnezone. Pikachu is pretty delicate and worth two prizes. I tend to hold it in hand until I am ready with Magnetic Circuit.

Back