Ruling Drifting Balloon w/ Time Recall

axpendix

Creator of TCG ONE
Hello, I'd like to know whether Driftblim (PLB) Drifting Balloon should work with Celebi EX (BCR) Time Recall, which would allow pre-evolution moves of Drifblim?

Ability: Drifting Balloon
This Pokémon's attacks cost [C] less for each of your opponent's Team Plasma Pokémon in play.
035.jpg

Ability: Time Recall
Each of your evolved Pokémon can use any attack from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)
009.jpg
Thanks.

I'm really not sure. Just because you can "use" an attack doesn't mean it belongs to "this pokemon" (see various rulings on Genesect and G-Booster.) There aren't very many tPCI rulings I could find on the subject of Time Recall in general, and I couldn't find one specifically discussing whether or not the previous evolutions' abilities are owned by Drifblim or can merely be used by Drifblim.

After further review, I think the answer might be no, it won't work. But, I admit I'm not 100% sure. Based on this:

"Q. If my opponent has Celebi-EX with "Time Recall" in play, can I use Golduck's "Amnesia" attack to prevent the Defending Pokemon from using one of its previous evolution's attacks?
A. No, you can only use Amnesia on the attacks that are present on the opponent's card at the time of your attack. (Mar 10, 2005 PUI Rules Team; Boundaries Crossed FAQ; Nov 8, 2012 TPCi Rules Team)"

The prior evolutions' attacks are not present on the card, so they don't belong to the defending Pokemon. That *might* mean that they don't belong to Drifblim when it is the attacking Pokemon either.

Back