BW/BW2 Dream World Abilities: How Game-Changing Will They Be?

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
^Title. How game-changing will the addition of Dream World abilities be?

Here's some examples of what exactly I mean.

Jaroda: If you take a quick look at its stats, your first impression could be, "This sucks". If it or any of its pre-evolved forms are caught in the Dream World, it gets an ability called Peversity. It reverses all stat changes that it gets. Buffs become debuffs and vice-versa. Now, what does this do to Jaroda? Jaroda has access to Leaf Storm. Instead of lowering your special attack, you're firing off 5 (or 8 if you use PP Ups/PP Maxes) in a game, sharply raising your special attack each time.

Ditto: This things gets the Eccentric ability, which makes it automatically transform into the Pokémon it's facing; no need to use Transform. This could mess up so many leads that use Taunt.

Shandera (That lamp thing): It's already quite a respectable Pokémon, but if caught from the Dream World, it gets SHADOW TAG. Simply wait until one of your opponent's Pokémon uses a Choiced Fighting attack, then switch into this. Set up a Substitute and use 6 Calm Minds, then kill it off with Nitro Charge, dealing tons of damage and boosting your speed at the same time. Proceed to sweep the rest of your opponent's team.

Those abilities will really change the competitive scene and I could see people catching their Pokemon in the Dream World and then EV Training them in game.

...Which is why Jaroda is epic. :p

Yes, these new abilities in the Dream World will severely alter past tiers, I feel. So many old pokemon who before might have been lucky to be UU could very easily make it to
OU. And Chandera is obviously broken, a very amazing feat indeed for such a cool pokemon
**Looks at all the past pokemon whose actual capabilities did not live up to their design**

Jaroda's Dream World Ability is epic. I actually had wanted to catch if after the game, so I am definetly going to the Dream world to get it. How common are Tsutarja in the Dream World?

Ninetales with drought and politoed with drizzle will be the groudon/kyogre of the tier, maybe even used as back ups with the legends. Good reason for charizard to have solar beam with the solar power boost.
Feraligatr will be much stronger then the other starters too, because of the power boost. Only drawback is ice fang wont flinch/freeze. Other then that, its amazing, and if it works out like jaroda, Nonstop superpower.

Spiritomb is said to have an ability called Slip Through, which allows it to "slip through walls and attacks" What does this mean, I kind of understand walls, as in protect or detect, but "slip through" attacks?

Shandera will go straight to Ubers XD, It will be VERY game changing if it has Shadow Tag, it will be way to powerful
(At least Wobbuffet gets a friend :D)
And yeah Ditto's stats arent that good

If ditto somehow got a major upgrade in stats or got the same as its foe....perfect scout. Youd know everything about the foe. Weird how people are all of sudden buzzing about ghost pokemon and snakebait.
If pikachu had gotten motor drive, raichu would be amazing. But, now zebras can switch into grass moves and flareon finally got a boost via nitro charge!

Another one I came up with was Lucario with Heart of Justice. When hit by a Dark attack, the Pokémon with Heart of Justice has its Attack boosted. Lucario takes Dark moves like a boss pro, letting it pretty much easily get a quick boost and a possible knockout with Extremespeed or Close Combat.

Rampardos with Encourage could also prove interesting, not receiving any recoil from Head Smash and all.

where are you getting the logic

Calm mind increases the power of nitro charge?
Nitro charge is a Physical Attack not a special attack

Anys i dont think Shanderaa will be that broken, but could be don't know yet

Jaroda was purposely made to have that ability. it is perfect for him. Now i will definitely get him.

This was what i was worried about since the beginning of this gen. These will be highly game changing and you will not know if you are facing a hacker or not

This will definitely change the whole pokemon perspective because it can totally mess up the battle because you didn't expect the different ability.

Alvin and the Minezumis said:
lol, I read Jaroda's ability wrong. But that would be BEAST. Is there are complete list of all these abilities?

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldabilities.shtml

dmaster out.

This has nothing to do with ou but in ubers ho-oh getting regeneration and salamence getting overconfidance... also lugias new ability is pretty good.

Gyarados gets Overconfidence... And its already a beast.

Speed Boost Blaziken. Step down Infernape.

Technician Breloom. Its like Scizor, with a better priority move and

Regeneration Slowbro. Hmm, lots of potential.

Lightning Rod Seaking. It boosts Sp.A, and provides an immunity.

Lightning Rod Zapdos. A bulky Pokemon with a fantastic typing gets another immunity.

Herbivore Azumarill. It provides an immunity, and boosts attack. And Azumarill already has awesome attack (with huge power)

Water Absorb Suicune. Just what it needed; a way to heal HP.

Rough Skin Garchomp. Punishment for killing it with Ice Shard (Smogon is apparently testing it in OU)

Poison Heal Gliscor. A wall you just can't poison.

Simple Korkomori. Calm Mind gives +2 to Sp.A/Sp.D... Wow

Hydration Vaporeon. Combined with Politoed, it just doesn't die.

Ditto's completely awful stats just won't work. He's still going to be NU.

I'd like to point out that if Eccentric works EXACTLY like Transform, then Ditto will also copy all of the opponents stats except for HP. Meaning that, well, it's a perfect scout. Heck, send in a Choice Scarf'd Ditto against Garchomp for a revenge kill(I doubt that would ever happen, but I want to see it. now). But if Eccentric is just a version of Illusion that copies the foe's appearance(meaning typing, moves, and stats stay the same, though I wouldn't understand why they would do this), then yeah, not gonna help Ditto out much.

Back