Dragons Exalted theme deck contents?

According to Bulbapedia, the Hydreigon deck contains Murkrow and Golett (only they're likely listed in the wrong deck, the Garchomp deck. Doubt it they'd be 4-color'd decks), so depending on how reliable that information is, expect their evolutions (likely 2-1 lines as their evo's are rare).

Also, while it's not been seen by anyone, expect Skuntank in the Hydreigon deck, since it's the only known non-rare Dark evolution (hardly any competition). With less certainty I can also say to expect Floatzel in the Garchomp deck (in this case, the only FINAL-stage non-rare evolution, but there's quite some competition). There are only 5 rares per deck, after all. I wonder how they'll handle that, considering there are almost no final-stage rares this time (and only 1 unknown rare for the Hydreigon deck now).

There are two youtube videos of someone opening the Garchomp deck, and another youtuber opening a Hydreigon deck.

From what I saw, Floatzel is indeed in the Garchomp deck.

Ok, I rechecked the videos. Here's a lowdown on the 5 rares per deck.

DragonSpeed:
2x Garchomp
Walrein
Milotic
Marowak

DragonSnarl
2x Hydreigon
Houndoom
Golurk
Gothitelle

The DragonSpeed deck also has these pokemon lines. Note that these lines aren't the full evolution line, as I already listed the rares above.

Buizel line and Tympole lines

The DragonSnarl deck has:

Murkrow, Slakoth line, and the full Stunky line.

I'm too lazy to put up the exact contents, but you can dissect it from the youtube video. Just type in dragons exalted "theme deck" on the search, and sort by upload date. You'd find it there.

Found the videos. Wow, they sure went downhill with theme deck quality again after Raiders (where it started with the same set's Shadows already). Not even a nice non-evolving Basic or anything.

The usual stuff: Energy Search, Retrieval, Potion and Communication (all x2) for Items, 1x each of the 2 new Tools, and also 1x Cilan + 2x Cheren. Both decks also have their respective Blend Energy (though only x1).

That is, if I recall correctly.

GamerXYZ said:
Yep, one of the few good things about the decks, a triple good Gabite set.

I thought so. I figured they would keep the half deck lines when I heard the other Garchomp/Hydreigon were in the decks.

Although, I noticed both theme decks had deck boxes. Is that a new thing? (I haven't bought a theme deck since 2008).

hunter994x said:
I thought so. I figured they would keep the half deck lines when I heard the other Garchomp/Hydreigon were in the decks.

Although, I noticed both theme decks had deck boxes. Is that a new thing? (I haven't bought a theme deck since 2008).

They've done it since HS Undaunted. That was the third set in 2010.

The Full deck lists and Scans are up on the main site if anyone's curious.

http://pokebeach.com/2012/07/dragons-exalted-dragonspeed-dragonsnarl-theme-decks

Project_Fedora said:
The Full deck lists and Scans are up on the main site if anyone's curious.

http://pokebeach.com/2012/07/dragons-exalted-dragonspeed-dragonsnarl-theme-decks

Thanks!

So basically the only good thing about the decks are the three Gabite? :/

Secret Pikachu said:
Thanks!

So basically the only good thing about the decks are the three Gabite? :/

that and the Blend energies, but yeah the Garchomp one is way better just because it helps you build Gartaria, the Hydregion one is a joke, it would of been a lot better if it came with the good Hydregion.

I actually think the included Hydreigon is the good one. Depending on whether you want to battle with it or use as support of course (for support, the other Hydreigon is obviously much better thanks to its ability).

I HATE cards whose only attack (or only viable attack, like Emboar's pitful "50 damage for 3 energy" attack or Magmortar's "Discard cards from your deck and pray you discard enough energies" attacks are useless) makes them discard a crapload of energies, crippling them against the next card to battle (especially in Hydreigon's case as besides the single-use Dark Patch, there's no energy acceleration). Hydreigon can of course grab energies from others, but then you cripple your entire team. And you can of course save it for last, but I prefer something that's always useful.

This Hydreigon has no such disadvantage, even has a 50/50 chance of negating an opponent's turn of energy attachment (forcing a re-attachment. Or your opponent gives up on his Active and saves you alot of damage) slowing down your opponent, and against weaker Pokemon it can even nicely heal itself to prepare for tougher battles.

Of course, no such thing can be said about Garchomp. The other Garchomp has an amazing energy-for-damage ratio, its first attack even lets you discard a Special energy card with 100% success rate, and while its second attack has a disadvantage, this disadvantage is so incredibly small it should not matter except against Durant.

And indeed, it's really weird they use the other Garchomp and Hydreigon and decorate the entire product with. When it became known it got the "bad" ones, I actually thought it might perhaps have both versions (x1). But since the decklists are known, that's disproven.

Back