• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Dragonite Reuniclus lock

Darkshy

Aspiring Trainer
4-1-4 Dragonite
4-0-2 Reuniclus
2 Ditto
1 Mr. Mime
1 Keldeo EX

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla

3 Tropical Beach

4 Rare Candy
3 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
2 Pokémon Catcher
2 Max Potion
1 Float Stone
1 Computer Search

4 DCE
7 Grass Energy

Strategy

The idea is to get Dragonite up turn 2 or turn 3 at the latest. Once he is up you essentially use Reuniclus to transfer damage between everyone on the bench.

My problem is that am TERRIBLE at deck build and consistency has always been my problem. If you have any questions about my choices please ask!

Well for starters you have access to all these cards right? specifically Tropical Beach is quite an expensive card and if you live in North America you can only use French and English versions of the card. That being said good on you if you have access to them.

One thing about deck building how you look at it matters just as much as what you put in it, try to organize your lists like this:
4-0-4 Dragonite
4-0-2 Reuniclus
4 Ditto
2 Regigigas EX
1 Mr.Mime

4 juniper
3 Skyla

3 Tropical Beach

4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
2 Switch
1 Computer Search

4 DCE
8 Grass Energy

writing pokemon lines as X-X-X is generally the best way to go as the basics and stage 1 pokemon do not usually matter.

as for changes to your list I would say

-2 Regigigas EX (no idea why its in here your strategy is to keep up trainer lock and tank with dragonite all day)
-2 Pokemon Catcher (you pla a control style deck hitting important targets will be easier thus you dont need max catcher)
-2 Ditto (ditto is great and I can see what you are doing with it trying to get turn 2-3 reuniclus out without the worry but you do have mr mime)
-1 Grass Energy (any reason for grass energy?
Optionally you could take out switch for float stone + Keldeo EX or 2 escape rope or just 2 float stone.

+4 N (early game its the best hand refresh and late game if you can N your opponent to 4 or something and Deafen it can be crippling)
+2 Max potion (these should be a no brainier they help you get rid of that damage by just moving it onto in this deck hopefully another un-powered dragonite and just heal it all off)
+1 Dragonair OR Duosion OR Super Rod (which ever you feel you could use more since the only way you have to evolve is rare candy and you play 4 juniper and 3 ultra ball odds are atleast one candy will be discarded mind you I know you think you wont need more then one but you never know)

hope this helps.

I appreciate your help. I used the grass energy just in the chance I don't draw a DCE. Just so I have energies to charge up dragonite. I like the Keldeo idea with float stone also. I revised the deck with your suggestions too. Again I really appreciate it!

first i do not get how this deck is going to work if you trainer lock you opponent how are you going to kill them most likely they are going to one shot you or two shot you and you are going to three shot them so i do not see how this is going to work (i know your thinking ruenclus) but most decks are just to fast

Darkshy said:
I appreciate your help. I used the grass energy just in the chance I don't draw a DCE. Just so I have energies to charge up dragonite. I like the Keldeo idea with float stone also. I revised the deck with your suggestions too. Again I really appreciate it!

What I meant about energy is you want to have as many options open to you as possible so on the off chance that you attack with something other then dragonite what attacks could you use. This way of thinking should become second nature in time.

Example:
82-dragonair.jpg

Dragonair has an attack which can Parylys, it may help you in matches like Darkrai as they only really run Keldeo to get out of that and many dont run 2.

55-solosis.jpg

Solosis has the Cell Culture attack that lets you bench another one out so on the off chance you start with it its nice to get 2 into play but usually you will just want to attach to a dritini for that turn 2 lock.

Back