Discussion Dragonite-EX Power-Boost?

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Remember Dragonite-EX from Furious fists? You know, that guy that everyone said would BREAK the meta until they gave up trying to make it work?

With it's "Bust In" Ability, you can slap it onto the bench, draw all basic energy from your pokemon to Dragonite, and switch into the active. Now think, what card just printed can get Basic Energy convieniently onto your pokemon? Max Elixir.

Max Elixir allows you to look at the top 6 cards of your deck, and if you find a basic energy, you may attach it to a basic Benched Pokemon. Since Dragonite steals the energy from any pokemon no matter what it is, there becomes a perfect synergy between these two cards: You can Max Elixir to something like a Shaymin-EX, Slap down Dragonite-EX, Bust In, attach a Double Dragon Energy and a Fighting Fury Belt, and boom! You start hitting for 130 damage.

Here's the list I've been toying around with... (click to zoom in)

DragoniteEX-Bats-Decklist.png

...also I piloted this decklist to 10th Place at States. It works pretty well.
(I might make a blogpost on how this deck worked too if that's the case)

Last edited:

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
That sounds dirty man. Is the Manectric for the potential OHKO on Yveltal with a Tool? That's pretty clutch. If only Bust In moved DDE around too...that'd be busted. What did you lose to at States?

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
This list looks pretty cool! As Dragonite being one of my favorite pokemon, I am looking forward to do so. I might include a Kingdra, more lightning energies and less double dragon, because Kingdra can't use it, and Dragonite can't use it with bust in. Again pretty excited to try this list:p

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
This deck and concept actually seems really solid, or at least fun. How useful are the Delinquent and Manectic EX though? It seems like taking these out for another Max Elixir and Trainers' Mail would do a little more good. What match ups do they help with?

Serpens

Aspiring Trainer
This deck and concept actually seems really solid, or at least fun. How useful are the Delinquent and Manectic EX though? It seems like taking these out for another Max Elixir and Trainers' Mail would do a little more good. What match ups do they help with?
Delinquent is generally a good card. It gets rid of Rough Seas, which effectively nullifies Bat damage, it slows down Trevenant by knocking down Dimension valley, generally speaking, a card to get rid of stadiums is always useful. And Delinquent in that manner is much better than for example Paint Roller, beacause it also disrupts your opponent's hand which is always a good effect since Dragonite can't stream as good as eg. MegaMan
Don't understand the Manectric though, there are much better things to put in its place, even as an additional attacker.

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
That sounds dirty man. Is the Manectric for the potential OHKO on Yveltal with a Tool? That's pretty clutch. If only Bust In moved DDE around too...that'd be busted. What did you lose to at States?

Manectric is actually just there because it's an overall awesome attacker. With it's overrun attack and the synergy with Bats, it swings the NM matchups rather in your favor.
Also, it's a great Back-Up attacker too. You aren't always going to get Dragonite onto the field (especially with that 3 energy attack cost), so Manectric can just rise up from the bench and KO a Shaymin when times get tough. It truly shines when ability lock becomes rampant. Also, 2 Energy for 120 (130 with FFB) just can't be passed up.

I lost to... NOTHING!
I just tied 3 times :p.
Two of those matches I could have won easily if I just played faster. I was about to lose to a random Speed Florges-EX deck (which was really Scary), but a single delinquent won me game 2.

I think I'll sum up the whole thing in a blog article. Maybe I can even get another States in with this deck before I publish it.