Discussion Dragon Type Viability

A very very cool piece of tech I picked up in a video was the idea of using Shadow Circle in combination with DDE to remove the Fairy type weakness on Dragon type cards, improving the viability of them massively.

Oh, nice. Thanks for posting that.

I don't think it even needs Eels anymore. Just play it with Reshiram, and it would seem like you could pull off a turn one 180 pretty easily.

If I'm reading the card correctly (I'm assuming Dragon's Exalted Rayquaza EX), you can't use DDE to discard for the attack since it says "Discard all BASIC (R) or all BASIC (L) Energy. Which means DDE is pretty useless in the old RayEels deck.

There goes that strategy. I apologize, as I haven't even given it a second look since it rotated out.

I don't think it even needs Eels anymore. Just play it with Reshiram, and it would seem like you could pull off a turn one 180 pretty easily.
Eels turns up the pace in extended making so that even the basic can hit for heavy numbers w/o resulting to the use of waiting the turn for a spirit link, 180 isn't the magic number anymore its 220 to 240.

Eels turns up the pace in extended making so that even the basic can hit for heavy numbers w/o resulting to the use of waiting the turn for a spirit link, 180 isn't the magic number anymore its 220 to 240.

I think they're both magic numbers. The format's biggest menance, Seismitoad, still has 180 HP. And all of the pre-evolutions of Megas can be taken care of with 180. Even so, with Switch you can feasibly use Turboblaze twice to hit 240 like the old CMT deck used to do with Celebi. Of course the point is moot since Rayquaza and Double Dragon Energy don't work together as well as I thought.

I think they're both magic numbers. The format's biggest menance, Seismitoad, still has 180 HP. And all of the pre-evolutions of Megas can be taken care of with 180. Of course the point is moot since Rayquaza and Double Dragon Energy don't work together as well as I thought.
You use the dragons exalted ray in extended so you can hit for 180 off of 2 double dragon, 3 eel's turns 180 into 240/300 with dde.

You use the dragons exalted ray in extended so you can hit for 180 off of 2 double dragon, 3 eel's turns 180 into 240/300 with dde.

As stated earlier in the thread, DEX Rayquaza-EX can't use DDE to fuel Dragon Burst. You have to discard basic fire or lightning energies.

Rayquaza-EX-Dragons-Exalted-123.jpg

Yup. There it is. Discard all basic Fire or basic Lightning. You can use it to pay for the attack cost, but you wouldn't be able to discard it for damage. And even it didn't specify basic Energy, it also says for each Energy card, so it would still only do 60 per Double Dragon Energy.

Back