• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dragon M Rayquaza EX / Clawitzer

CombatPastor

Aspiring Trainer
180px-MRayquazaEXRoaringSkies61.jpg

So, I've been working on a Dragon M Ray deck that one-shots anything... and can consistently pay the 2 energy discard price. I figured Clawitzer would work.I'm still considering some changes (like an additional Lysandre or another Special Charge). Thoughts?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Rayquaza-EX ROS 75
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 3 Rayquaza-EX ROS 60
* 3 M Rayquaza-EX ROS 61
* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36
* 2 Clauncher STS 33
* 2 Clawitzer STS 34

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 Rayquaza Spirit Link ROS 87
* 3 Shrine of Memories PRC 139
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 N FAC 105
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Dragon Energy ROS 97
* 4 Fire Energy Energy 2
* 4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I would replace the dce with maybe rainbow energy since m ray won't benifit from dce. since his attack is almost purely fire/electric energy.

Mega turbo is a must in heavy energy cost attack based decks

I agree with this. I have a slight issue with the lack of Lightning Energy and the massive amount of DCE. I understand the DCE is for paying his cost, but in order for it to be effective, you must also have a stable 4 Energy attached (and with no Basic Lightning Energy, Double Dragon Energy MUST on M Ray, making it an easy target for Energy Hate). That said, if you were to add 1-2 Lightning Energy along with 2-3 Mega Turbo, I feel like you will have an easier time.

Besides that, everything looks solid. 2 Special Charge should be a fine number for this deck. I think you're fine with 1 Lysandre as well considering your Supporter Variation is so low (meaning VS Seeker is typically free to target Lysandre if you need to). Perhaps 3 Shrine of Memories isn't necessary, but I've never seen this deck in motion, so I would rather not personally mess with the numbers too much. xP

I wish you luck. I really do like this deck and I hope you're able to have more success with it!

-Asmer

I ran Dragon M Ray for a while, the strategy consisted of switching and retreating between multiple copies of Reshiram ROS on Hydreigon's Dragon Road and heavy doses of Mega Turbo and DDE for repeat Dragon Ascent. I ran Shrine also so that M Ray could conserve energy against smaller opponents.
It fell flat on it's face as soon as Hex Maniac was released and ability lock has become more and more available.
Lysandre was critical, allowing M Ray, who was very mobile once a stadium and Hydreigon were in play to get the drop on your opponent's Mega or whatever.
It's big downfall was alternate attackers. It has none. In the Bw-on or BCR-on format there were more safeguarders and so on and but the modern formats have a lot of decent one prize attackers that are onerous for dragon M ray to KO 6 of.
It is tons of fun though. I like the idea of Mega Boost for M Ray. It only allows the attchment of special energy though? So the plan is to use DCE as the two energy you must discard?
Have you thought of 4 puzzles? You could use only one special charge and reuse it with puzzle and get a DCE or DDE directly to your hand that way. Since it fetches 2 cards from discard. It might be better, since getting the special energy to hand is the key to repeat Dragon Ascent.
Good Luck and please let me know if I am mistaken about Mega Boost.

too bad you cant use the Burning Energy and keep it alive... OH WAIT.

I think its really inconsistent, but its a thought; Running the Flare Effect Flareon AOR turns all stage 1 pokemon into fire type in addition to their regular typing. Pairing this with Burning Energy could help stream KO's without energy loss. Not sure what to cut for it, but it could work.

too bad you cant use the Burning Energy and keep it alive... OH WAIT.

I think its really inconsistent, but its a thought; Running the Flare Effect Flareon AOR turns all stage 1 pokemon into fire type in addition to their regular typing. Pairing this with Burning Energy could help stream KO's without energy loss. Not sure what to cut for it, but it could work.

Unfortunately Megas are Megas, not stage 1s

This is just my opinion but M rayquaza dragon has little to no power in this format of speed. This list isn't the worst I have seen but it could have some improv buut this is just my opinion.
Possible changes

-3 Shrines. They seem useful against smaller opponents but that solution is just not to Mega. You should probably use 2 silent lab and a parallel city. Silent lab shuts off carbink which if your only running 1 hex just won't do. yes you have 1 hex and 4 seekers but that won't cut because it could be prized or just discarded and discarded seekers throughout the match.
-1 hex maniac. For reason why not to run it look above. Add 1 pokemon ranger. yes It is only one copy but it is a counter to glaceon which it uncommonly seen and when it is it takes about 2-3 turns to power up which gives you time unlike carbink or mew stall.
-1 Spirit Link. You only need 3 since there is no tool discarding cards and it is not needed turn 1. +1 Lysandre. It seems like you don't need 2 but when it all comes down to it lysandre is a card needed more essential at sycamore at times and if 1 is prized then you at least can still draw it. running two also increases draw chance and decreases the need for using your vs seekers and lets you conserve them.

Once again just my point of view but I believe with a couple of improvements this deck sould be a tier 2 deck. Maybe a tier 1 buut thats for a tournment to decide. Have a great day.

Back