• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Dragon Flare (M Rayquaza EX / Hydreigon EX / Reshiram)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
DRAGON FLARE

Pokemon (12):

• 3 M Rayquaza EX (beatdown)
    3 Rayquaza EX (beatdown)
    2 Hydreigon EX (retreat)
    4 Reshiram (accelerate)

Trainers (34):

• 1 Lysandre’s Last Resort (reshuffle)
    3 Prof. Birch’s Observation (draw)
    4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
    2 Lysandre (gust)
    3 N (draw)
    3 Rayquaza Spirit Link (evolve)
    2 Professor’s Letter (search)
    1 Computer Search (search)
    3 Mega Turbo (accelerate)
    2 Escape Rope (switch)
    3 VS Seeker (retrieve)
    4 Ultra Ball (search)
    3 Scorched Earth (draw)

Energy (14):

• 4 Double Dragon Energy
    2 Lightning Energy
    8 Fire Energy

STRATEGY:

Go first and start with Reshiram and one benched Rayquaza Ex. Attach to the benched Pokémon and use Turbo Blaze to accelerate more energy from the hand. Next accelerate once more and evolve into M Rayquaza Ex on the bench. Search out Hydreigon Ex and Scorched Earth to draw cards and enable Reshiram and M Rayquaza to retreat for free. Use Mega Turbo to accelerate from the discard and start to attack with M Rayquaza Ex on the third turn while another one is built on the bench.

SPOILER:

M Rayquaza EX
Mega evolution - evolves from Rayquaza EX
HP 230
Δ Wild:
Damage done to this Pokemon by attacks from your opponent’s [G], [R], [W], and [L] Pokémon is reduced by 20.
[R][R][R][L][C] Dragon Ascent: 300
Discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokémon.
Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Rayquaza EX
Basic Dragon Pokémon
HP 180
[C][C] Dragon Claw: 30
[R][R][L][C] Dragon Strike: 130
Flip a coin. If tails, this Pokémon can’t use Dragon Strike during your next turn.

Hydreigon EX
Basic Dragon Pokémon
HP 180
Ability: Dragon Road
If there is a Stadium card in play, the retreat cost of each of your [N] Pokemon is [C][C] less.
[P][D][C] Shred: 80
This attack’s damage isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s active Pokémon.
Retreat: 3

Reshiram
Basic Dragon Pokémon
HP 130
Ability: Turbo Blaze
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, you may choose a [R] Energy card from your hand and attach it to 1 of your [N] Pokemon in play.
[R][R][L][C] Hell Wing: 110
Discard a [R] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Rayquaza Spirit Link
Item - Pokémon Tool
Your turn does not end if the Pokemon this card is attached to becomes M Rayquaza-EX.

Double Dragon Energy
Special Energy Card
This card can only be attached to an [N] Pokémon. While attached to an [N] Pokémon, this card provides every type of energy but provides two energy at a time.

This deck, rasyquaza colorless and mega gallade (modou blade) will be tier 1. Gallade maybe tier 2, but 2 quazas decks in tier 1.

Test mega latios in this deck. In one turn u can put 3 energies in latios (drouble dragon and reshiram or mega turbo). Mega latios can kill many supporter pokemons (altaria, garbodor, bronzong, ninetales, aromatisse) and hit Primal groudon. I think 2-2 mega latios or 1-1.

Mega Latios requires to much set up to use constantly. Because it requires 3 energies to hit and it discards all of them, to hit with a measly 120 damage. Where else mega Gallade can do basically the same thing but for 2 energies (none of which need to be discarded) with use of circulated Absol.

Hi appleatinggoat,

Thanks for the review. The options are either Shauna or Birch in this deck. Will check out both to see which one works better once I traded for the final Reshiram.

Hi Andy414,

Thanks for the review. I like M Latios somehow but he would need six card slots in this deck which seems to be much considering that the focus is on M Rayquaza Ex.

Well I guess Shaymin EX and sky field will replace them, Though I will definitely miss N and Colress. (Colress was my best friend ever) :(

Hi appleatingoat,

Colress is still in format but this deck does not tend to fill its bench and he is therefore less effective. On usual this deck has around three benched Pokémon which is not that much. This left me with Shauna and Bich to choose from.

Ah, I would still run at least 2 Colress even though your own bench might not be filled you will probably be up against lots of colorless Rayquaza (They try to fill their bench super fast) So you can still draw a hand of 8 even if your own bench might not have any Pokémon at all.

Guys, mega latios discard only 2 energies, no all energies. 2 energies are easy to put with double dragon, reshiram ou mega turbo energy. Mega latios can hit groudon in benched. I think latios and ray ex will be in the same deck. 1-1 latios maybe.

N, Juniper and N will down ONLY in october. Until october more 2 sets will release. Roaring skies and other. In this case, don't worry about supporters, others come.

Andy414 said:
Guys, mega latios discard only 2 energies, no all energies. 2 energies are easy to put with double dragon, reshiram ou mega turbo energy. Mega latios can hit groudon in benched. I think latios and ray ex will be in the same deck. 1-1 latios maybe.

N, Juniper and N will down ONLY in october. Until october more 2 sets will release. Roaring skies and other. In this case, don't worry about supporters, others come.

Oh I Think I was mixing up the mega Latios with Latios-EX PLF 86. Sorry, my mistake. Though I stick to my point that you would need a way to replenish the discarded energy with a method other than double dragon energy. Because most of the time 2 of your double dragon energies will be on mega Rayquaza, So that leaves 2 hit's with mega Latios, and that's only if all the double dragon energies are not prized or hidden in your deck or forced to be discarded with a juniper or ultra ball. So at best I would say you would have a single shot using mega Latios. Not to mention all the room it would take up, 3 slots for 1 Pokémon that may or may not be useful during the battle. I personally would not take that chance, instead I would make a different deck that focuses on heavy bench damage using mega Latios. Maybe if you combined Mega Latios with Mega Manectric, Then it could maybe work better, because they both have fast dealing damage and the also both have free retreat so they can switch out easily. If you added Aromatisse to that then you can max potion the damage from mega Latios by switching the double dragon energy onto another.

Back