• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Dragon Disruption (Cities Masters) - (Yes, the name has changed like 3 times)lol

Is Garchomp (Stage 2) good?

• Total voters

shadoworganoid

"Crimson Dance, Yugetsu!"
This was the deck I played at the past Nationals. This is also the deck I epicly failed with due to bad match ups. lol I tore this deck appart afterwards due to the up coming rotations, but looking back now, I should have just kept it going and updated it accordingly. So here we go;

Pokemon: 19

4-2-3 Garchomp SV
3 Sableye
1 Smeargle (UD)
2 Mesprit (LA)
2 Uxie
2 Unown Q

T/S/S: 30

2 Broken Time Space
3 Rare Candy
2 Collector
3 Bebe
2 Communication
1 Luxury Ball
2 Copy Cat
3 Judge
1 Ruins of Alph
3 Super Scoop Up
3 Seeker
2 Expert Belt
1 Palmers
2 Warp Point

Energy: 11

4 {D}
1 Cyclone Energy
2 Rescue Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:

Just like it was before, its speed garchomp. Rush them with fast set up and spam with Guard Claw. Once again now, I have changed my list. The legend I had in here before was not a smart idea. Its just dumb. lol After a few games today and based on what will most likely be at cities, im going for a more disruptive build. Sableye make for good starters all around and I can possibley donk with one too. With Mesprit in here decks like Magnezone will auto lose to me now. With mesprit, seeker is now without flaw. If they pick up Uxie again, I pick up mesprit and they cant use powers.

PREDICTED Match Ups:

Garchomp VS Gyarados: 70-30

This match is usually in my favor. They are very subject to slow starts if they cannot get a T1 Sableye while chomp can set up faster then. Gyarados uses almost no energy in the entire deck so Speed Impact can easily hit for full damage. And with a belt, its a 1hko. The addition of Rescue Energy in Gdos does NOTHING what so ever to help it here. Garchomp's Poke Body will return it to their hand and I will then KO it. All in all, its in my favor.

Garchomp VS Jumpluff: 55-45

As proven in Nationals, (for the games that I did win...) Garchomp has a slight advantage over pluff. They are both stage 2 pokemon and both use BTS. They help me, and I help them etc. They use only 1 energy to attack, so I can hit them for 100-120 damage normally. However, in this match up, I dont use that attack, I use Guard Claw with belt. It 2hko's them and protects me a bit. The match outcome is based on the results of my SSU's. If I can nail heads on them more then tails, Its my victory hands down.

Garchomp VS LuxChomp: 50-50 (roughly)

I've played a hand full of SP match ups as well. I planned for this when i pickout out my deck for Nats. Their chomp hits mine for weakness and is usally faster, but while they have to level up, I can just rare candy. Unless they use Lucario GL, they cannot 1hko me either. Most of the SP pokemon run low energy so Speed Impact can do wonders.

Garchomp VS Gengar (Prime and SF): 40-60

Yep, one bad match up. They have the edge with resistance and the SF version has its pokepower. I SHOULD be able to match them in terms of set up, but without Ruins of Alph, its not easy to KO them quickly. However, if I can set up fast enough, the Prime is no real threat and if I can keep my hand size down, neither is the SF one.

Garchomp VS Donphan: 65-35

Logically, its in my favor. They are a donk deck meaning they can hit hard for low energy. In this case its 60 for 1. However, if they do that, it will be sent back to their hand via dragon intimidation. Then Speed Impact with hit them for 100. (-20 cause its exoskeloton) Donphan is only a threat if they build up energy on one on their bench and wait to do a belted heavy impact.

Comments?
Remember, while the match ups are tested for the most part, they are still always subject to different results and outcomes based on each game and the choices the players make. They are all speculated.

RE: Speed Chomp (Cities Masters)

here's what i think should be took out and put in

-3 super scoop up
+ 2 seeker
and mabye + 1 uxie lv.x?

RE: Speed Chomp (Cities Masters)

idk if im gonna sound harsh in the next few comments, so take what im saying with a grain of salt, or w/e the appropriate phrase is for "i dont mean to be a jerk while saying this, its just IMHO"

the reason flygon was cool in this is because people would drag up claydols and attack the bench/stall. there are no more claydols. flygon is unnecessary. having to decide between unown q or azelf isnt good, you really need both. you also need to get a uxie lv x in this, especially if you want to run judge. if you dont have one right now i would say drop the judges entirely and add in 2 more bebes. FOUR BEBES IS A MUST. also, 3 uxie = uxie starts. A LOT. also, seeker is cool, but in something that takes 3 energy to do its attack, idk how effective it will really be. you also gotta remember, you dont have the 3-3 claydol anymore, so you more than likely wont be nearly as fast. for my last comment before I type out any suggested changes, while i understand that the resistance to gengar is tough, teaching an extra stadium just for that is IMHO the very definition of over teching. lol its like when you put ruins of alph into your donphan deck! it is just gonna hurt your consistency in the long run. I do honestly think this deck has potential, i just think the list has to be really consistent in order for it to reach that potential fully.

ok, now that im done hatin, here are my suggestions, and remember, this is just IMHO.

-1-1-1-1 flygon x
-1 uxie
-2 judge
-1 ruins of alph
-2 seeker
-5 psychic energy

+1-1-1 magnezone prime (youve been wanting to try this out, and I think it would have the most effectiveness here)
+5 lightning energy
+2 bebes search (gotta have 4 dude)
+1 azelf/unown q (so you now would have both)
+1 twins
+3 switch/warp point

haha i just realized that i suggested you add magnezone, so you could actually use judge instead of copycat if you like, and maybe even find room for a 3rd judge. my bad :D

RE: Legendary Garchomp (Cities Masters)

Well i would say - one kindgra - one seadra - one horsea - three water energy. One azelf - one ruins of alph +three spiritomb + three steel energy + two warp point

Well this will make it set up better with the spiritomb's. And now you can use palkia dilga legend second attack. With more warp points you could bring palkia and dilga legend back to the bench more likley.

RE: Dragon Disruption (Cities Masters)

I love this deck concept and I have loved the Garchomp SV card for some time and I have one question for you and one slight fix that I personally would make
Question: With the Arrival of Seeker why not just take out the Super Scoop Up(s) entirely because as you said in the description Seeker is "without flaw" with Mesprit?
also minor Fix
-1 Smeargle
+1 Sableye
the only reason I would make this change is just that slight boost in consistency (sp?)

RE: Dragon Disruption (Cities Masters)

I have SSU in here still for added or extra re-use. If I can nail heads, I can return any pokemon to my hand, not just a benched pokemon. Plus, mesprit is not the only pokemon I would return.

And now that I think about it, I would actually like to make the Smeargle line heavier.

Start with smeargle active and sableye on bench. I go first (I hope) and use a supporter out of their hand. Most likely a collector. Search for Unown Q, Mesprit and Gible. Retreat Smeargle for Sableye and drop Mesprit. Now impersonate for a Judge and laugh as they cant do much. (In theory)

Back