dp pop ups in temple of the sea

MANAPHY=)

Aspiring Trainer
did anyone catch what team rocket sayed in the temple of sea.
if you didn't they were saying stuff about the dimond and pearl season and game.
this is what they said:
jessie was saying she wanted diamonds and pearls and meowth said that would make agreat game then when they were in the temple james said i want to get diamonds and pearls then meowth said this season isn't even over yet.

masterryanx

N
Yup, I caught that, thought it was really funny. They did it twice I believe. I need to check my Japanese copy again to see what the original dialouge in that scene was, I can't remember... I alos think CN cut several scenes. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but I can't remember the English version having the part with Wobbuffet well, being Wobbuffet and Mime Jr. copying while Team Rocket lays on the ground...

EDIT: Just checked it, those D/P reference scenes were pretty much true to the Japanese version. In the first one, when they're riding with Phantom they mention Pearls and Diamonds as treasure they could find altough nothing about that making a good game. And in the scene when they reach the temple and are climbing out of the pod, Jessie says "We made it" followed by James with "I smell treasure" and Meowth says "Pearls and Diamonds"

Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot

I choose you Ninja Brian!
Yeah i luv it when TR breaks the 4th wall(a referance to the outside world or to the audiance), well i can't wait for DIALGA VS> PALKIA VS> DARKRAI!!! that will be exciting.

S.Suikun

Aspiring Trainer
TR is the only characters in the series with the ability to break the 4th wall, thus proving that they are the most powerful beings in the universe.

homeofmew

PokéBeach's Mathematician
Advanced Member
yeah that was pretty funny.
The Diamond and Pearl pun was also used in the Japanese version but not to the same extent. But they did say "Diamonds and Pearls"

Falkner vs Klaus

The face behind the emerald mask....
I thought it was hillarious! Honestly, breaking the 4th wall is fun. I was sitting there as James was like "Diamond and Pearls" Meowth was like "Let's finish this season first." As I heard that, I nearly spilled my noodle tetrazinni all over my pants. I love the move.

Even thought it isn't relevant, I heard moewth say , in the last few episode, "And we'll continue through season 10. SILLY SILLY KITTY, throwing hints.

MIME OUT!

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Advanced Member
It comes up twice. Meowth says that Diamond and Pearl would make a great name for a game. And later they mention it again, and refering to the show, meowth says let's just get through this season first.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Mewoth made some direct quotes to the D/P series, and he said "Let's wait til next season !" Obivously, this was planeed, and no one even knew there'd be a 10th series until then

Ho-Oh_Master

Member of the Midnight Crew
S.Suikun said:
TR is the only characters in the series with the ability to break the 4th wall, thus proving that they are the most powerful beings in the universe.

Yeah! maybe they are just hiding their true potential