Ruling Doubles matches

SteelCrazy

Questing for a steel deck
I've read a few different attacks that have the option to choose which defending, but I can't find any rules on how to play a double match. Could you please give me a link to the ruleset for that?

I don't know about a link, but I can tell you how it works. You setup the game as normal, but you must always have 4 Benched Pokemon. The two other Pokemon will be your Active Pokemon. Whenever one of your Active Pokemon gets KO'ed, bring up 1 of your Benched Pokemon. If you don't have any benched Pokemon, the game still continues. When you attack, you must choose 1 of the Defending Pokemon to attack. Also, your other Active Pokemon can't attack if you already attacked on that turn.

They have rules for doubles matches in the EX Ruby and Sapphire rules. In a double match you can play cards on your partner too.

Thanks, I'll have to try playing that way. It sounds fun to me.

I'm guessing that because it's for EX that means it's not used in tournaments now. :(

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
They have rules for doubles matches in the EX Ruby and Sapphire rules. In a double match you can play cards on your partner too.

I'm a little confused on this point, as far as I know the "double matches"
involve having two active pokemon. Is it possible to play "tag team" matches, you and a partner against two other players? If so, what are the rules for type of game?

Section 4.1 of this PDF covers the 2 vs. 2 format. http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/tournaments/docs/2008-2009/Official_Formats.pdf

Back