Help Double Raichu

ChimpoTheWise

Aspiring Trainer
I want to know if this deck idea sounds good. You run the raichu from unb that if you are 3 prizes behind you can attach ifinte energies from discard. Pair that with the alolan raichu (unm) that for each energy discarded you do 30 damage to any on your oppenents field. Add electrode for extra energy and prize card taking. Lastly a telescopic sight to deal extra damage.

I don't have a list but I just want to know if the concept is good. The idea is to take all 6 prizes in one turn...
Thanks for reading!!

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
No this isn't very good. Because UNB Raichu has to attack to attach all those energy that give your opponent a turn to respond which allows them to KO the Alolan Raichu (which something like Boss's Orders which every deck runs) before you can actually get that pay off. And that's before the fact you need about 500-600 damage to take 6 prices in a single turn which means attaching close to 20 energy to do it which is an absurd amount.

ChimpoTheWise

Aspiring Trainer
Ok thanks for responding but you are forgetting about telescopic sight. It makes the 20 energies only 10. But I do kinda agree too many energies. Thanks for the feedback

Ethan R

Aspiring Trainer
Unfortunately, I think the way the attack works only adds 30 damage with a telescopic sight to each pokemon you hit one time and not for each time you choose it for the attack.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Ok thanks for responding but you are forgetting about telescopic sight. It makes the 20 energies only 10. But I do kinda agree too many energies. Thanks for the feedback
That's not how scope works. It's does +30 for the attack, not for each instance of damage,. So it doesn't matter how much energy you discard Scope is only adding +30 on top of it

ChimpoTheWise

Aspiring Trainer
Ohhh my bad yeah then the deck is bad :(
I made a list last night and proxied it. It was fun to nuke most of the board but it just cant do enough...

Piplup&Blasboy

Aspiring Trainer
That sounds super fun! I really wish there was more potential to the deck. I love watching small pokemon nuke big boys

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Hang on, I wouldn't say its bad. Its a fun meme that's been around since that A. Raichu came out (I started a thread on it when the set list for UNM came out.) Couple things worth mentioning... Even if they gust, if you can get another alolan raichu up and they aren't ADP you have one more shot. Or to take better advantage of scope, set up 2 a. raichus to go back to back. An early attack with mew can fix numbers on dedennes among other things. Or pair with toxtricity spread in early turns, with a scope its spreading a ton. Throw in 4 stamps so you might draw into one to stop their boss. Lots of decent options here.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
I just built it (for like the 5th time) on ptcgo, haven't tested yet, but I found a pincurchin that spreads 10 everywhere, with gx/v 40 with scope. That's a setup turn and a lot of deck space saved vs toxtricity. 2 turns of that could do enough setup damage against a lot of decks. Mawile GX might help get targets benched. I'll test it some and see if its worth posting the list.

Master_Z

Zach Carmichael
Rare Candy on YouTube posted this deck recently. The biggest issue is that Mew blocks the bench damage. But if they aren't playing Mew, it can surprise your opponent for sure. We need a Silent Lab reprint...

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Didn't see it on Rare Candy... But ZapdosTCG played iCaterpie's version and it's got Talonflame V which really looks like a good way to streamline it, though with no early chip damage you need a lot of energy.