• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format DouBle Drop (Doublade/ Genesect-Gx)

Alolan Vivillon

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 15

3 Honedge Dark Order 42/52 (Role: Pre-evolution)
3 Doublade Dark Order 43/52 (Role: Primary attacker)
3 Genesect-GX Thunderclap Spark 41/60 (Role: Damage builder for Doublade)
1 Oranguru UPR 114/156 (Role: DCE Card retrieval)
1 Frost Rotom UPR 41/156 (Role: Back line defense/ Anti-Fire)
1 Rotom UPR 50/156 (Role: Back line defense/ Anti Ho-oh)
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60/145 (Role: Search support)
1 Sudowoodo GRI 66/145 (Role: Anti-Zoroark)

Pokemon Tools: 13

4 Choice Band (Role: Boosting attack damage/ Damage for Doublade)
4 Metal Goggles (Role: Damage reduction/ Damage for Doublade)
2 Metal Frying Pan (Role: Damage reduction/ Damage for Doublade)
3 Dashing Pouch (Role: Retrieving Energy/ Damage for Doublade)

Item Cards: 17

4 Adventuring Satchel (Role: Search for 60 Damage)
2 Nest Ball (Role: Pokemon Search)
4 Ultra Ball (Role: Pokemon Search)
2 Energy Loto (Role: Energy Search)
1 Field Blower (Role: Control)
1 Rescue Stretcher (Role: Pokemon Retrieval)
3 Acro Bike (Role: Draw support)

Supporter Cards: 9

3 Cynthia (Role: Draw support)
2 Guzma (Role: Control)
2 Jasmine (Role: Pokemon Search)
2 Judge (Role: Draw support/ Control)

Energy: 7

4 Double Colorless Energy (Role: Powering up Doublade)
3 Steel Energy (Users: Genesect-GX, Oranguru. Role: Anti-Xurkitree)

Doublade – Metal – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Honedge

[C][C] Tool Drop: 30x damage. This attack does 30 damage times the number of Pokemon Tools in play (both yours and your opponent’s).

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

Genesect-GX – Metal – HP180
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Double Cassette
You may attach up to 2 Pokemon Tool cards to this Pokemon. (If this Ability stops working, discard Pokemon Tools from this Pokemon until there is 1 remaining.)

[M][M][C] Blast Bomb: 130 damage.

[M][M][C] Break Buster: 190 damage. Don’t apply Resistance for this attack’s damage. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When 1 of your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

Adventuring Satchel – Trainer
Item

Search your deck for up to 2 Pokemon Tool cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack).

Metal Goggles – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The [M] Pokemon this card is attached to takes 30 less damage from your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks, and your opponent’s Pokemon’s attacks and abilities can’t put damage counters on it.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

• The concept of this deck is simple in Concept, but complex in the decisions of what cards to put inside of the deck. Knowing that field blower is not being run as much now in the current meta because of Garbotoxin no longer being in standard. This allows the deck to have a safer, but still cautious, set up. Adventure Satchel is a nearly garuenteed +60 damage whenever you play it down and allows far more consistant numbers.
  • If for some reason the opponent is running more than two field blowers, are running a mill deck, or in an expanded tournament Rotom allows for counter play. Fire types can be a major issue with how fragile these Pokemon are, so anything helps. Genesect-GX allows for the opportunity to boost the damage exponentially. Without it, OHKO's are not going to be very easy to do. Metal Goggles is a very nice card with all the spread damage decks floating around in just about any Tournament you go to, so it's a must have Pokemon Tool to both boost damage and protect you.
  • I'm still debating on the energy count, but if you can keep at least one DCE for your Doublades there is no reason to have any other energy. Oranguru is a nice card in the case of fighting mill decks, but also if too many Pokemon get KO'd.

• The deck can get consistant damage, however it has one major flaw; it's a glass canon. Even with the opportunity to doing -30 damage with the Metal Frying Pan, and the Metal Goggles; Zoroark still get's OHKO's on the Doublades. The only way to prevent that from happening is if Sudowoodo is in play, and if you have one of the two Pokemon tools attached. It still is a Major flaw however, because Zoroark is not the only strong Pokemon in the meta (Obviously).
  • Another flaw the deck can have is that sometimes you'll get dead draws and not get either Doublades or DCE, which with the lack of both Wally and Evosoda can be a legitimate issue. Flaws aside, the deck get's some very consistant numbers if given the set up, and can get set up faster than other decks if going turn one; However it is not flawless. Which is why it's being posted here, to get the help of you guys.

What can be removed or added to improve the consistency or set up? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think can be done. Thanks for reading, have a good day!
-Vivillon
Below this line is what will have changed.

i am playing tool drop too. if u want to bypass 1HKO from zoroark, use bodybuilding dumbells. and i tech a psychic oranguru to recover tools late game.

also might add a switch or 2 so they dont stick your genesect in the active with guzma

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's start with the frivolous part: Jirachi and Escape Board are obvious inclusions due to the nature of the deck. If they are necessary or even if they boost the deck's consistency (I'd say they do), I don't have the mileage to determine. Still, I think it's important to mention them.

Another thing to discuss would be Rotom: Doublade has 90hp, while dealing +210 dmg. It's the very definition of a glass cannon and you should come to terms with that.
Also, are you worried about hitting (F) weakness? (M) resistance is a far more concerning issue, since PiKrom is riding the meta right now. With that in mind, I'd drop the little buggers and focus on what matters the most.

Finally, to address the deck's presented issue: not only would I reinforce Dumbbells, because it serves you well on 1-prize matches, but I'd tack in a second defensive inclusion: Klefki (TEU). Its' ability increases (M) resistance to -40, which combines with either metal accessory or Dumbbells to reduce a whopping 70 or 80 dmg against Psychic types, essentially winning you the Malamar/Giratina match-up and delaying for as long as possible Natu knock-outs against Lost March.

This is just from the top of my mind, considering your input. But I also noticed you're only running 3-3 of your main attacker, don't have a lot of draw support and lack answers to Wondrous Labyrinth, a death sentence to DCE-based decks. You might want to look into that as well.

Last edited:
Back