• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Doom Dragon (Cities) Masters - Updated!

shadoworganoid

"Crimson Dance, Yugetsu!"
Pokemon: 20

2-2 Absol G Lv X
2-2 Garchomp C Lv X
2 Crobat G
1 Bronzong G
1 Honchkrow G
1 Dragonite FB
3 Sableye (SF)
2 Uxie (I lack the Lv X)
1 Unown Q
1 Azelf

T/S/S: 28

4 Cyrus Conspiracy
4 TGI Poke Turn
3 TGI SP Radar
3 TGI Energy Gain
3 TGI Power Spray
1 Expert Belt
2 Bebe Search
1 Luxury Ball
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Aarons Collection
1 Warp Point
2 Cyrus Initiative

Energy: 12

1 Psychic
3 Basic Dark
4 Special Dark
4 DCE

Strategy:

Well, my hope is to start with ANYTHING other then Bronzong G, or Uxie or Azelf.
If I start with Sableye, I have the possibility to donk, or I can set up.
Honckrow helps me set up too.
Absol G can attack for 1 energy.
ETC.

Favoring the 2-2 lines, I hope to get effect cycles via poketurn to spam with Darkness send and healing breath.

Also, Crobat G can be used as a good donphan counter. It resists donphan AND can hit it will bad poison. Since their retreat cost is HUGE, its harder to remove it.

Before you ask, I DO NOT have Toxicroak G Promo or Uxie Lv X...

Comments?

NOTE: I've noticed that a few people are now building this. Its funny cause its after I built it. LOL JK

RE: Doom Dragon (BR's and Cities) Masters

What? No comments?
Im not posting this to "show off", its for advice needed.

Im not too good with SP decks.

Your biggest problem is going to be Machamp and maybe Donphan (Absol's 2x weakness). However, you could easily counter these with some luck (Absol G Lv. X Power) on your side. Just pray that they aren't running Vileplume Gengar as your 2 power sprays will only buy you limited time with that Dialga G Lv. X.

Also, I'd remove the one warp point and add another Lost World. It would be a shame if it got prized or discarded with all the discard decks running around now (At least in my local metagame).

Houndoom G isn't much needed, Dialga G Lv.X doesn't affect SP's, that's why it gets around itself. I'd say to take out that and a Warp Point for 2 more Power Sprays, or a Machamp/Donphan counter.

I know you don't have one, but Uxie Lv.X is a great attacker, too, for psychic-weak stuff.
I congratulate you for not running Tokicroak G, it isn't needed, in my opinion.

@Decamaster; Are you saying I DONT need Dialga G X?
If so, why not? It locks Vileplume.

Yay, I ran something really similar to this before (took it apart because i needed some cards...) The thing i see that you might need is Lucario GL It would let you 1 hit gengar and stuff with darkness weakness. I don't think you'll need 3 pokemon collector, i didn't. So you can take 1 out for lucario GL.

No, I'm saying you don't need Houndoom G much, especially since Jumpluff and Kingdra Prime aren't used anymore.

It looks like a solid build, lots of different things you could do.

SolemnParty: Oops. I forgot to talk about that. Its for my donphan match up. Crobat G's Toxic Fang is a great way to deal with donphan.

Or you could just doom news donphan. It puts the dce back into your hand for a garchomp c x snipe. Of course they will just ko your absol if they don't retreat, but i'd say sac'ing a absol is a good for taking out a donphan.

^Your right your right. BECAUSE donphan is hard to retreat, the odds are kinda low. (Skill does not change the odds of drawing that warp point.)
So if they choose to KO absol, I gain a prize off it too.

That's best used as a last ditch effort though, because
Best case scenario: they don't have an energy to attack with and you get a free prize.
Most common scenario: you trade prizes, but they do 10 to their bench as well.
Worst case: they warp energy into another donphan and your efforts were for nothing.

I just used absol g to take out donphan. It works really good since donphan players usually have expert belt on the active donphan. So you get 2 prises they get 1. And after that you can snipe something with garchomp or if you have another absol on the bench you might be able to do doom news again.

I actually ran a deck similar to this for awhile. I really liked it. With Gengar all over, Absol can deal some damage to it with a couple Special Darks and Dialga G can take care of the trainer lock with Vileplume. I would take out the Sableyes for 2 more Power Spray. I had Sableye in my deck but it slowed me down a bit.....Plus you can start with Honchkrow G.

Darkmind: I dont think I'll take the sableye out this time, but if they dont work well at this saturday's BR's, then I'll try without it.

Good deck as i see it now.

A little annoying notice you have there >.< (in the first post) i had a deck like this a long time ago.. (so your not the first) but made it again for this BR and since you play the deck too, maybe you could give your opinion with new eyes on my deck. link in sign.

Back