• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Don't mess with the ant the DURANT!

Mr.Ferrari

Torterra.
Love love love this little bugger.

4 Durant RC
2-2 Scizor Prime
1 tyrogue HGSS
1 cleffa HGSS
1 Rotom UD
=11

4 Pokemon Collector
3 twins
3 N
2 Professor Juniper
2 Team Rockets Trickery
4 Dual Ball
4 Defender
2 Evolite
2 pokemon Communication
4 Junk Arm
4 Revive
2 Switch
1 Pokegear 3.0
2 Super Rod
1 Alph Lithograph (prize)
2 Pokemon Catcher
=40

4 Spc Metal
5 Metal
2 Rescue Energy
=9

Scizor Prime is for OHKO on Kyurems and other stuff, everything else should be very standard he point of the deck is to get them to deck out by getting 4 Durant out turn 1 and start discarding.

Durant - Metal - HP70
Basic Pokemon

[M] Devour: Discard a number of cards from the top of your opponent's deck equal to the number of Durant you have in play.
[C][C] ViceGrip: 30 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

N - Supporter

Each player shuffles his or her hand into his or her deck. Then, each player draws a number of cards equal to the number of his or her remaining Prize cards.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn.

Eviolite - Trainer

Pokemon Tool: To use a Pokemon Tool attach it to one of your Pokemon. Each Pokemon can only have 1 Pokemon Tool card attached to it.

Any damage received by the Basic Pokemon that this card is attached to is reduced by 20.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Super Rod - Trainer

Search your discard pile for up to 3 in any combination of Pokemon and basic Energy cards. Show them to your opponent and shuffle them into your deck.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Pokemon Catcher
Trainer’s – Goods
Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon.
You can use any number of Goods cards during your turn.

-4 Rocket's Trickery
+4 Twins

-1 Revive
+1 Metal Energy

-2 Pokegear
+2 Prof. Oak's New Theory

Twins is good because you're not going to be taking many prizes and it allows you to search for your Defenders and Evolites.

4 Revive isn't really necessary. When running 4 Junk Arm, 2 Super Rod AND a whole lot of draw power.

PONT is just there for draw, but isn't really needed because of the 4 N; it's just nice to have

Hope it helps! :D

Personally I don't really like running 4 of anything not my style haha, yeah I was advised to run trickery to limit there hand but twins works better i think. I will not be putting in the PONT as I have the juniper and N which I can get with pokegear so I like the versatility of Pokegear i will take one out instead of a revive is just to good to be cut at all.

I would say remove scizor, but I wasn't sure what to add in. Are there any other mill cards that you can add to your deck without losing consistency?

#1weavile said:
I would say remove scizor, but I wasn't sure what to add in. Are there any other mill cards that you can add to your deck without losing consistency?

why would you take out scizor what would I gain? I would not have a kyurem counter otherwise.

I see potential in Durant. Being able to hit for a lot of damage turn 1 is pretty powerful

lol I think durant would be a very fun deck...I may run it for leagues. it's like the metal version of magmortar/emboar. except without needing to evolve, you can start going turn 1 and really disrupt them. unless of course they run that cubone deck :p

I'd take out N because it could help them restock their deck to not deck out...instead I'd run more catcher (don't want durant get KO'd) or more rocket's trickery (more disruption) or cheerleader's cheer (if they take the extra card, then fantastic! that's closer you are to winning)

I wouldn't play Archeops. Since you're not doing damage, by the time Archeops is out (turn 3 or 4 at best), your opponent will have all the evolutions he needs out.
Instead of Scizor, play Weavile. If you've already discarded 2 of a pretty necessary card, you might as well get the rest out of your opponent's hand also. If your opponent has no Yanmega, you're not doing too poorly.

Scizorliscious said:
I wouldn't play Archeops. Since you're not doing damage, by the time Archeops is out (turn 3 or 4 at best), your opponent will have all the evolutions he needs out.
Instead of Scizor, play Weavile. If you've already discarded 2 of a pretty necessary card, you might as well get the rest out of your opponent's hand also. If your opponent has no Yanmega, you're not doing too poorly.

I still like the scizor better in the deck just in case I need to tank something but I will try the weavile out, I have evolite and defenders for yanmega, I do like the archelops idea actually its not that hard to get out but it does take up space.

This Deck looks very interesting. i was trying to come up with a Durant KGL deck. But i did have a 1-1 Scizor in mine as well lol.

I made a Durant List, except mine is more focused on milling:

4 Durant RC
2-2 KGL
3-3 Slowking HS
3 Cleffa
1 Tyrogue

T/S/S: 22

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Junk Arm
4 Revive
4 Pokemon Communication
2 PONT
2 Dual Ball
3 Twins
2 Evolite
3 Super Rod
2 Pokemon Catcher

Energy: 12

5 Steel
5 Water
2 DCE

Goal is to hopefully start with Durant, Collector for 3 more Durant, and then mill.
Perfect list? Not at all, I'll fix it up when I get my hands on some Red Col. cards in 2 weeks. ;)

deepcr0w said:
I made a Durant List, except mine is more focused on milling:

4 Durant RC
2-2 KGL
3-3 Slowking HS
3 Cleffa
1 Tyrogue

T/S/S: 22

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Junk Arm
4 Revive
4 Pokemon Communication
2 PONT
2 Dual Ball
3 Twins
2 Evolite
3 Super Rod
2 Pokemon Catcher

Energy: 12

5 Steel
5 Water
2 DCE

Goal is to hopefully start with Durant, Collector for 3 more Durant, and then mill.
Perfect list? Not at all, I'll fix it up when I get my hands on some Red Col. cards in 2 weeks. ;)

nah my list is focused purely on milling the scizor is just a counter to kyurems. your list seems more inconsistent then mine I dont like KGL takes to long to power up might try it but I think just straight Durant is the best/

How is it more inconsistent?

Your list only has 9 basic Pokemon. The odds of the ones you'll need being prized is highly probably. And you only run 2 Pokémon Com :p
You can take out a Collector and Dual Ball, and max Communication. You'll probably Mulligan a lot with your list too, so your best bet is to add in more Cleffa. Slowking would also be a good addition too for the times when you'll only be able to mill one or two cards, so make it count.

That, and if the point is to mill, you shouldn't need to knock out much of anything.
Kyurem will probably be exclusively played in Blaztzel, so your best bet is to run Zekrom ;)
ANd if you are running Rotom, you can get away with a 1-1 Scizor line, make room for Cleffa or whatnot.

deepcr0w said:
How is it more inconsistent?

Your list only has 9 basic Pokemon. The odds of the ones you'll need being prized is highly probably. And you only run 2 Pokémon Com :p
You can take out a Collector and Dual Ball, and max Communication. You'll probably Mulligan a lot with your list too, so your best bet is to add in more Cleffa. Slowking would also be a good addition too for the times when you'll only be able to mill one or two cards, so make it count.

That, and if the point is to mill, you shouldn't need to knock out much of anything.
Kyurem will probably be exclusively played in Blaztzel, so your best bet is to run Zekrom ;)
ANd if you are running Rotom, you can get away with a 1-1 Scizor line, make room for Cleffa or whatnot.

-you play 3 slowking and no switch so what do you do if you start with slowpoke also because you play KGL that's still dead draw if you start with it or one piece also it takes a long time to set up.

-your list is more inconsistent because you side track getting out slowkings and KGL.....5 water energy and 2 dce.....

-I only really need durant so I only have a 4 out of 60 chance for it being prized also I might mulligan once or twice sometimes but that just helps me mill them.

-blaztzel really so you wouldn't play it with feraligater weird because it seems a better combo.....since feraligater can charge him up easy and benefits from them having damage counters on them.....anyone that plays blastoise kyurem floatzel is not playing kyurem the best or blastoise for that matter.

-If you dont knock out kyurem he kills all your durants in 3 or 4 turns.

I could say more but il just leave it at this.

Blastgatr is kinda iffy. In this format, running 2 stage 2s is iffy. And Feraligatr Prime is abysmal other than it's Poke-power. 4 Energies, for 60+, eh.
Or I could utilize Blastoise's poke power, and Floatzel's too
That's why I personally prefer Blastzel (Now with a Kyurem tech)
And y'know, Kyurem will do 30 to everything, allowing Blastoise to snipe them benched Zekroms and Reshirams.
You seem to think Kyurem is another Reshiram or Zekrom. It's not. You should be more worried about Kingdra/Yanmega.
KGL isn't terribly hard to set up anyways. 3 Turns at best, with some milling with Durant.

Doesn't really matter, this will be a fun deck, and wont' be fast enough to be super viable. Slowking is a stage 1, so it's fine. You got me on not running switch. I over-looked that. Thanks, really.

All we did was expose each other's flaws. Good thread is good.

indeed also.
challenge-accepted.png

Back