Donphan Techs?

Rock Wrecker

I want to be a Pokemon master :-)
Ok so I play Donphan/ Dragons and I know I'm not such a great player, but I was wondering if there are any other techs I can use against Yanmega. I was play against a Yanmega deck and lost with 1 prize left while my opponent rapidly retreated and Max Potioned making it hard to get prizes in the end. I know I made at least three misplays, but 1. I don't know if that cost me the game and 2. It would've been super close anyway. I had Ruins of Alph in play so I already have that in my deck and one Zekrom got killed by Catcher while other was the final prize. If this is how close the games are supposed to get against Yanmega then just tell me, but I was wondering about other techs I could use.

Mods if this is in the wrong place, move it.

I don't know what to tell you if you are already playing 2 Zekrom and Ruins of Alph, that should tilt the match in your favor. If you are having difficulties because of Max Potion, you could always test a Solrock Lunatone heal lock, but I think Yanmega will eventually just Catcher them up, or Linear Attack KO them. Don't know what to tell ya, test more, it might be an inconsistent list, or that match was just a fluke.

Edit: Bouffalant?

If you want more DD advice, PM me and I might be able to help in more detail, I have a lot of experience with the deck.

You need to run three zekrom in your D&D deck. It helps soo much. But yea, that's about all you can just tech in. You should run 3 zekrom and 1 reshiram. Reshiram is for the mirror match up because d-phan can't one shot it like it can a zekrom. Good Luck

Reshiram is for Kingdra as well; you should run a 2/2 or 2/1 split depending on the meta.

I dunno what to say if you're already running RoA and 2 Zekrom. Games won't normally have your Zekrom prized or your opponent lucksack into Max Potions that much, so I wouldn't worry about it too too much.

Scizorliscious said:
Reshiram is for Kingdra as well; you should run a 2/2 or 2/1 split depending on the meta.

I dunno what to say if you're already running RoA and 2 Zekrom. Games won't normally have your Zekrom prized or your opponent lucksack into Max Potions that much, so I wouldn't worry about it too too much.

I think I'll cut Reshiram down to one, but is an extra Zekrom not a good idea? Thanks guys, your posts were helpful I think I just got unlucky in the end. Also my biggest misplay was having a Reshiram with 60 damage left on the bench and that ended the game next turn with Catcher :/ I'll learn from my mistakes.

Scizorliscious said:

I think a 3/1 split is better, because not many people run Kingdra anymore.

glaceon said:

Really? I saw Kingdra Prime in 2 Reshiphlosions and 1 Zoroark/Cinncino at BR's.

glaceon said:

the aura is with me8 said:
Really? I saw Kingdra Prime in 2 Reshiphlosions and 1 Zoroark/Cinncino at BR's.

Either way 3-1 sounds the best. Put down one Reshiram to weaken attacks and then Zekrom could also do massive damage with Kingdra's weakness. I think I will take out 1 Reshiram and luckily I have an extra Zekrom in my binder.

Back