• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Donphan / Flygon / Dusknoir (BCR-On)

adam44

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4-1-4 Flygon BCR
    3-3 Donphan PLS
    2-0-2 Dusknoir BCR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 2 Bicycle
    3 Max Potion
    1 Professor's Letter
    4 Rare Candy
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Switch
    4 Ultra Ball
    1 Colress
    3 Korrina
    4 N
    4 Juniper
    3 Float Stone
    3 Muscle Band
    1 Computer Search
Energy:

• 5 Fighting (Will change 3 Fighting to Strong Energy when i get them)
    1 Strong Energy

Strategy:
The strategy is to setup Donphan and Flygon and start attacking with Donphans first attack to switch to Flygon and deal 1 to the enemys pokemon after each turn. Repeat it a few times until you have enough damage to knock out priority targets with Dusknoir's Sinister Hand (Of course you set Dusknoir up as early as possible but Flygon is more important imo).

So I'm having trouble to set up enough Flygon and Donphan to keep attacking and switch in every turn.
I haven't actually tried with the Bicycle yet because I uses Roller Skates first but they were too inconsistent to work for me.

All feedback is appreciated!
/Adam

I built this deck for my roommate a little bit ago. idk if i like the idea of having so few fighting energy, after you make the switch. Being able to hit only 2 energy with a professor's letter seems pretty scary. If those 2 energy happen to be prized, you could be in trouble. I would say at least 4-4 fighting-strong. That and donphans second attack could be of use, since it can destroy stadiums like fairy garden.

But then again i guess this deck doesn't really fear any stadiums.

Ivy_Profen said:
I built this deck for my roommate a little bit ago. idk if i like the idea of having so few fighting energy, after you make the switch. Being able to hit only 2 energy with a professor's letter seems pretty scary. If those 2 energy happen to be prized, you could be in trouble. I would say at least 4-4 fighting-strong. That and donphans second attack could be of use, since it can destroy stadiums like fairy garden.

But then again i guess this deck doesn't really fear any stadiums.

The thing is that I rarely want to power up a Donphan with more than 1 energy (maybe 2 for extra damage with strong energy), cause I feel like there's no need for it (maybe if the opponent only have like 1-2 pokemons in play and I have no "power-ups" for Donphans attack.
I also feel like it's hard to make space for more energy, so what do you suggest to remove for the extra energy?

I offer the following comments/suggestions for your consideration:
  • IMO, a "strong" Flygon line (e.g., 4-1-4) is really not critical to the success of the deck. A 3-1-3 line worked well for me (also used Sacred Ash).
  • Although the Max Potions can be useful at times, I would just plan to 1HKO your Poke rendering your MPs ineffective.
Given the above, I'd suggest the following changes:
-1 Flygon
-1 Trapinch
+1 Phanpy
+1 Sacred Ash

-3 Max Potions
-1 Professor Juniper - with 3 Korrina, 4th PJ not critical
+1 Exeggcute (Propagation) - to serve as discard fodder as you setup
+1 Pokemon Fan Club (or Bicycle - Item-based card draw support (also works GREAT with Korrina too))
+1 Lysandre - to "gust" priority opponent's Poke
+1 Pal Pad - to recover and recycle discarded Supporters

I hope you find these comments helpful.

TuxedoBlack said:
I offer the following comments/suggestions for your consideration:
  • IMO, a "strong" Flygon line (e.g., 4-1-4) is really not critical to the success of the deck. A 3-1-3 line worked well for me (also used Sacred Ash).
  • Although the Max Potions can be useful at times, I would just plan to 1HKO your Poke rendering your MPs ineffective.
Given the above, I'd suggest the following changes:
-1 Flygon
-1 Trapinch
+1 Phanpy
+1 Sacred Ash

-3 Max Potions
-1 Professor Juniper - with 3 Korrina, 4th PJ not critical
+1 Exeggcute (Propagation) - to serve as discard fodder as you setup
+1 Pokemon Fan Club (or Bicycle - Item-based card draw support (also works GREAT with Korrina too))
+1 Lysandre - to "gust" priority opponent's Poke
+1 Pal Pad - to recover and recycle discarded Supporters

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I tried a 3-1-3 line of flygon at first but I had problems setting it up, so I changed to a 4-1-4 line instead.
I see what your saying with the max potions but it have saved me so many times I think it's too good to pass in this deck.
Though I will test these changes as soon as I get Pal pad and Sacred Ash, I will let you know what I think.

EDIT: Thank you both for your feeback btw!

Keep the 4-1-4 Flygon. I've played this deck before. Even with 4-4 Flygon, its not super easy to get one going before things go down hill for Donphan.

Maybe drop 1 max potion for another energy. 3 is much better than just 2. Or even a Colress, since i've found that this deck doesn't usually have a huge bench.

In my opinion, Skyla is better than Korrina unless you're running pure fighting type decks. Skyla can get you ANY T/S/S while korrina can only get items. Sure Korrina can get a fighting pokemon but you only run 6. I'd also drop one Max Pot for a second Megaphone. Your deck is based soley around Abilities so Garbodor will be tough if you only have one megaphone, especially since you don't run Dowsing machine (comp search is better with this deck imo)

TLDR
3 Skyla instead of 3 korrina
1 Megaphone instead of 1 Max Pot.

Other suggestions your deck could use: Lyssandre to bring up their useless guys on the bench to soak up damage to spread. and a sacred ash just incase you have to pitch pokemon early for Juniper or Ultra ball. Also, and i'm being serious, Pokemon Fan Club. Your deck runs around have 3 different evolved pokemon so you need to be able to get the basics out.

Back