Donkey Kong Country Returns

AadmM

Doin' It Right
Anyone else played through this game yet? I got it for Christmas and just cleared the final boss a couple nights ago. But I was curious as to what others here thought of the game.

I haven't gone back and found everything yet, but from what I've experienced just playing through the game for the first time, I've gotta say it looks pretty challenging.

Level design was pretty impressive, both in terms of gameplay and atmosphere. Each one is immensely detailed as well as unique, and I like how in some levels you jump between the background and the foreground.

Bonus levels left a little--scratch that, a lot--to be desired, though. Nowhere near as good as the originals.

Music plays a big part in said atmosphere as well, and it does a good job of it overall. I loved the themes used in the Ruins levels as well as the Factory.

Difficulty...I'd say it's decently challenging so far. I've died quite a bit, but never really saw the Game Over screen quite so much. Boss battles were definitely a lot easier that most of the levels, I found.

All in all though, I'd say it does a pretty good job of staying true to the older games and refining them for a new generation. Would love to see more :D

So then, has anyone else played it yet, and if so, what do you guys think of it?

I got it about a month ago and beat it within a week or so. It's different from the original 3, but still challenging. I still prefer the old ones in some ways, however.

The DS one was amazing. I'm one the last level in that. I don't play Donkey King returns very often. I'm on the Ocean boss BTW.

The DS game is not Donkey Kong Country... Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3 were all games on the SNES later ported to the GBA and are very similar to DK Country Returns. There are no other Donkey Kong Country games...

I thought you were just talking about Donkey Kong in General. My brain isn't working today :p.

I got the game around Christmas. I really haven't made much time to play it a lot, but the levels I have played are fantastic. I immediately love the series and the game highly. Definitely one of the best for Wii. Retro just keeps chugging out these amazing games.

dmaster out.

I want this game so badly. It's the only game I wanted that I did not get. I tried it at Target and immediatly fell in love with it.

I have some extra money from christmas and was wondering what game to get. I am leaning more towards a PS3 or Xbox game. But from what I've heard it seems to be really good. I just fear that I lost it's special touch from the older days. I'll definately be looking into it though.

I beat the game, but I didn't do the Kong letters or the Puzzle Piece levels yet (I don't really feel like coming back to collect them). Really, the game is really good, and is definitely a very challenging game. Especially the Bat level o_O

Gliscor, you perfectly described my gaming experience. xD

I don't own the game, but I played it at my GF's dad's house when we went to visit during Xmas. And I have to say it was fairly easy, but harder than the original and the 3rd. Somehow I still find DKC2 extremely harder than the rest of the series. I made it all the way through 8-2 in probably a 6 hour sitting. I'm kind of curious how much is left for me to beat.

Back