• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Donchamp (I really like this combo)

DptyDoug

Team Avant Garde
I have been playing around with Donphan quite a bit. I like a few things with Donphan but I can't deny the fact that Machamp is the best with him. I have a Machamp that seems to work for me. It is Donphan heavy with a 2-2-2 Machamp prime. I don't see myself needing the 3-2-3 that other's are diong. The noctowl works great for draw. I wouldn't use a Baby because of Donphan prime. Earthquake 3 times and it's over for the baby. I have bouffalant in there for a quick come back against DRLs. The Pokemon reversals are in there to get something on the bench I can knock out for a quick prize. I am going to be changing that to pokemon catcher if it comes out. I have played this a couple times and done well with it, I am always looking for improvement. Please feel free to let me know what you think :)

Pokemon
4 x Phanpy
4 x Donphan Prime
2 x Machop
2 x Machoke
2 x Machamp Prime
1 x Bouffalant
2 x Hoothoot
2 x Noctowl

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
3 x Pokemon Collector
3 x Professor Elm's Training Method
3 x Pokemon Communication
3 x Dual Ball
3 x Rare Candy
1 x Flower Shop Lady
3 x Professor Juniper
2 x Professor Oak's New Theory
3 x PlusPower
3 x Pokemon Reversal (Pokemon catcher if it comes out)

Energy
3 x Double Colorless Energy - Special
11 x Fighting Energy - Basic

Babies are not problem, they are more useful than most think. SSU and Seeker are must in donphan decks imo so you can use those to take cleffas out of earthquakes. I rather use baby in tyranitar decks even than bad noctowl, c'mon think about it.... ONLY 1 card per noctowl is not gonna be good. It too takes dmg from earthquake. Main idea of machamp in donphan deck is to use those dmg counters of bench as advantage.

DptyDoug said:
- the 2-2 noctowl and + 4 Cleffa?
What would you take out for seeker/SSU?

You don't need more than 2 max imo. i play just one cleffa in my TyphloRam. They can always be searched with collectors. I guess you could take all noctowl lines out and flower shop girl (Don't really need this).... add 2 cleffa and 3 either SSU or Seeker. I think Seeker is better choice of the 2 in this case since cleffa has free retreat and machamp can go active with fighting tag.

Back