• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Does Wobbuffet have a place in Turbo Dark?

Licki200

Aspiring Trainer
I have finally finished my Turbo Dark deck, using Jesper Eriksen's list from Oceania. I have been wondering about the possibility of using Wobb in the deck, but I'm not sure if I should/what to cut. I also am new to the deck, and don't know a lot about matchups like Volcanion and M Ray, so advice would be appreciated there as well.
Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 10

* 3 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Darkrai-EX BKP 118
* 2 Yveltal XY 78
* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 1 Enhanced Hammer PRC 162
* 1 Switch SUM 160
* 3 Exp. Share NXD 87
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 N NVI 101
* 2 Lysandre FLF 104
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 Trainers' Mail AOR 100

##Energy - 12

* 12 Darkness Energy CL 94

Total Cards - 60

No is the short answer. Ok, so Wobbuffet would only be good if you start it, and playing a deck that really relies on Shaymin for setting up kind of gives a simple not to play it, as well as keeping you from attacking with Oblivion Wing and setting up. So, playing Wobbuffet to help you set up against Decidueye would keep you from setting up against with it the normal way. Volcanion is a really matchup since you can ability lock them and keep their damage low. I personally like to play 4 stadiums in here because without 4, you can replace Forest of Giant Plants when you need to and that's basically the reason Jesper didn't win Oceania. I would suggest the following changes:
-1 Shaymin
-1 Switch/ Float Stone
-1 Delinquent

+1 Silent Lab
+1 Parallel City
+1 Pokemon Center Lady

Now the Center Lady seems like a weird inclusion, but it WILL save you games, and here's why: Keeping energy on the field is Exp. Share's job, but if one of your Pokemon gets KO'd, then your opponent gets prizes, and it's especially helpful early game against some decks. It can also be a way to beat Volcanion late game If they're keeping you from taking prizes by constantly retreating, you can out-last them and start streaming lategame prizes. Mega Ray is simple since you just Hex and play your stadiums, and you basically just win. It's not as simple as that, since you still have to play well, but that's the short version of the matchup. Hope I helped.

The Utah lists are up. No top8 player used Wobbuffet in Darkrai. I don't play Darkrai at all, but I was a little surprised. No Beedrill EX in any of the Decidueye decks is my 2nd surprise

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/salt-lake-city-regionals-2017/tcg-masters/

I went out of my way to test this in turbo darkrai using 3-4 Wobbs just to see how it played. How it played was a slowed down hobbled version of turbo darkrai that slowed down the decks it was meant to, but slowed turbo darkrai down so much that other decks that typically can't keep up with its speed overwhelmed it. Overall, I was not a fan. I am sure someone can make it work, but there was absolutely nothing "turbo" about it LOL!

Back