Discussion Does Togekiss ROS 45 have potential?

DmightyB

Da Mighty Bee
Hi everyone I've been experimenting with fairy decks ,and basically I've come up with using the xerneas build for building up energies on the bench with xerneas or , instead using togekiss ex/fighting fury belt to fill a budding togepi with rare candy on the side to evolve into the (45) togekiss : which gets 4 energy easily if built up properly in 2 turns ( xerneas pulls 2 on its first attack ( Aromatisse helps with moving energies to togekiss if they're there and some elixir to get even more, double colorless just adds more ammo and energy switch just fastens the process for a ton load of damage . coin flip can be helped with trick coin to have a do ever if all doesnt go well .
The togekiss can do a whopping 200 -400 damage in a few turns and since its no basic stuff or having the limits of being an ex, it can bypass regice easily and giratina ex too

What do you think? is it quick enough ? I can also use wonder energy to avoid any issues like paralyzed and discarded energies from opponent's attacks with the energies .
Should i keep a gardevoir ex/ m gardevoir ex in the team or throw it all for the togekiss set up ?
Togekiss pic below for further explanation of its attack :

Attachments

• 1070844.jpg
    1070844.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
- This thread was moved from TCG News & Discussion to TCG Competitive play as the thread is intended to discuss the competitive value of a certain card -

It's not quick enough and it doesn't deal damage consistently. You just can't rely on such a flippy attack.

If you like coin flip attacks, use malamar/Yveltal. If you want to use xerneas, use togekiss ex/Aromatisse. The Yellow Swallow just made a video, so I would look into that of I were you.

lol well flipping wise I got a lucky hand.
It's not quick enough and it doesn't deal damage consistently. You just can't rely on such a flippy attack.
well, I get a lot of heads most of the time and just in case, a trick coin helps XD but the speed though I think maybe max elixir if benched for quicker attachments :D

If you like coin flip attacks, use malamar/Yveltal. If you want to use xerneas, use togekiss ex/Aromatisse. The Yellow Swallow just made a video, so I would look into that of I were you.
I'll check the video, and I was gonna add Togekiss EX, but if I go aromatisse, should I put 2 Togekiss EX, or add Gardevoir EX to get a much more solid attack? adding Fighting Fury Belt on the side if both then, would it help to tank them a bit :) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a lucky hand until you don't. A big aspect of determining competitive potential of cards is consistency. Even with Trick Coin, you may feel that you had a bad set of flips and opt to try again, but only end up with a worse result. You'll have to beat the best players with the best decks consistently in order to win a good competition, and Togekiss won't do that.

Your optimal setup consists of at least seven cards (Togepi, Wally or Rare Candy, Togekiss, Xerneas, Spritzee, Aromatisse, and Fairy Energy- still no Trick Coin) and hits for an average of 100 damage after two turns. Compare that to Night March, the biggest deck in the format, which might hit for as high as 180 (and do so consistently) with only five cards (Joltik, DCE, three Battle Compressors)

Consider a card like Typhlosion BKT, who has a lot more going for him than Togekiss- Typhlosion doesn't need to attach multiple energies to hit hard, and he synergizes well with fire-based draw power like Fiery Torch or Scorched Earth and rigging draw with Energy Recycler. Typhlosion still doesn't see play.

You've said it yourself, Togekiss "all comes to fortune". That doesn't make for a good competitive card.

Back