Does Palmer's contribution basically make Night Maintenance worthless?

Jace

Aspiring Trainer
Is it just me or does palmer's contribution basically make Night Maintenance worthless?

Rule 17
~Spoon

RE: Is it just me..

No, it's not just you. Palmer's pretty much makes NM obsolete. There are a few exeptions, but overall it is the better of the two cards. I already E-bayed some. >=P

Well not totally. Palmer's contribution is a supporter,where as Night Maintenance is a basic trainer. Sure Palmer does a little more,but playing Night gives you another choice of supporter to play on your turn. That's what I think.

I personally would use Night Maintenance over Palmers 9 times out of 10.

Eevee Freak said:
Well not totally. Palmer's contribution is a supporter,where as Night Maintenance is a basic trainer. Sure Palmer does a little more,but playing Night gives you another choice of supporter to play on your turn. That's what I think.

I didn't think of that. Good point.

esperante said:
I personally would use Night Maintenance over Palmers 9 times out of 10.

Why? Same reason as Eevee Freak?

I agree that Night Maintenance is a better choice than Palmer's Contribution for the same reason as Eevee freak. But in SP decks I would rather use Aaron's Collection than those two.

This just really takes the place of Aaron's Collection in any SP deck because instead of 2 now you can get 5. Which is pretty big considering sometime 2 is not enough while the option of having up to 5 gives player a lot more options.

AnthonyG said:
This just really takes the place of Aaron's Collection in any SP deck because instead of 2 now you can get 5. Which is pretty big considering sometime 2 is not enough while the option of having up to 5 gives player a lot more options.

Yeah, but it goes in the deck instead. :F I think it replaces NM. This is almost the equivalent of two and if SP decks can use a recovery Supporter, I don't see why non-SP decks can't use this. Of course, it does vary with the decks.

dmaster out.

Palmer is only good in certain decks.
I enjoy nm as I can play a supporter right after to get back the pokemon I just returned.

I think there both equal.

Palmers is useful depending on the deck and you would prooably have everything you needed set up so you could afford to use it since it is a supporter.
Night Maintenance is a trainer, so you can play a supoorter still and it it gets back 3 cards but most decks play at least 2 so you can get a max of 6 cards back into your deck.

So it probably more so a matter of preference and the type of deck you play

In most situations the ability to use a supporter in your turn as well as a night maintenance outweighs the 2 less pokemon/energies you get back in the deck.

For something like Beedrill, I could see one being fit in. So now Beedrill can have 4 Night Maintenance and 1 Palmer's Contribution. It'd be something to recover more than one Beedrill line if more than one should ever fall.

Lunar Wing said:
For something like Beedrill, I could see one being fit in. So now Beedrill can have 4 Night Maintenance and 1 Palmer's Contribution. It'd be something to recover more than one Beedrill line if more than one should ever fall.

Good point.

By my experience, though, you often don't need to get back more than 3 cards. Usually you are just trying to get back one stage 2 line, or a key level X. You can do that with a NM and don't waste your supporter. Typically I'm wanting to bebee's or roseanne's one of the cards I NM immediately.

I'd rather play NM because it's a trainer and not just a Supporter. You have a chance to do more.

Trainer - Supporter
NM beats them both, being a trainer. All there is to it, +1 to NM.

Amount of Pokémon/NRG
Palmer tops both with 5; NM is acceptable with 3, as that's generally all you'll need; Aaron's only takes 2, and can only take SP pokes, so that's easily worst of the three.
+1 to Palmer and NM.

To Hand or Deck
Aaron's gets them to your hand, while the others go straight to the deck. +1 for Aaron.

NM - 2
PC - 1
AC - 1

I think generally, they all have qualities the others don't, but I think NM is easily the best of the three, as unlike Aaron, is doesn't specify what you can take, and most importantly of all, it's a trainer. This means you can recycle your pokes, and instantly get them back with your Supporter that turn, something which can't be done with the other two.

I like the fact that in Beedrill, I can keep a Bebe's in hand and then use NM to get back my line. Then I use Bebe's and Claydol/Searchdrill to get out the line again.
But for some decks, Palmer's may be better. Although 5 sounds like overkill to me. I ran Aaron in one of my decks and found that I only need 2 at a time mostly.

Back