Ruling Does 100 More Damage Next Turn?

Scraggy559

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, I'm not going to show texts of the cards because they should already be known, but I was wondering about card attacks like M Blaziken, M Slowbro, and Machamp BREAK. Their moves do 100 damage and do 100 more for the next turn.

Does the attack:
A. Keep adding 100 more damage (100->200->300)?
B. Stay at 200 until switched out (100->200->200)?
C. Move effect reset (100->200->100->200)?

Thank you for your help!

5V4rEez.jpg
aS0c7M3.jpg
grcOe44.jpg

Moved from the TCG Help to the Ask a Professor as the OP is asking a rulings question. I've also added scans of the cards in question to the OP, as that is what this section requires. ~bbninjas

I'll stick with M Blaziken-EX to provide an easy example, but this applies to all three, plus any similarly worded attack for a different amount of damage.
Moonsault Blzae has a base damage of 100. The attack places an effect on M Blaziken-EX that causes Moonsault Blaze to do 100 more damage during your next turn. That is to say, it will do 100 more damage than the base of 100, assuming there are no other effects, for a total of 200 damage. As long as the same Pokemon attacks with Moonsault Blaze every turn, it will continue to hit for 200. If M Blaziken is moved to the Bench and returned to the Active position, the effect is removed and attack gill revert to doing 100 damage. The effect will also be removed if either player plays Pokemon Ranger, which removes all effects of attacks, causing Moonsault Blaze to revert to 100 damage.

Last edited:
Back